Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PLEASE Publish an Alexa / Echo skill  (Read 3332 times)

nalawod

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PLEASE Publish an Alexa / Echo skill
« on: January 08, 2019, 09:02:41 AM »

I'm sure I"m not alone in that I've been using x10 for years for simple control of individual lights and plugin appliance or light switches.  Especially at Christmas.  I did get the "deal" for an X10 hub (WM100) when it came out. My wife and I find it much easier to use the app than finding the controller pads. Plus, the hub can be used from anywhere outside the home as long as you have internet. Example, we're in the parking lot of our condo building and turn on our Christmas lights in the windows remotely. The wife applauded!  LOVE IT!

Posters in this forum have lamented about the possible demise of the hub and there's been more than one mention of wanting/expecting an Alexa skill.  I say, if they could get an Alexa skill published, at least just starting with simple individual control, it would open up a whole new world of sales of the hub.  I for one found the Philips hue bulbs to be great (I got a freebie with my Echo Plus) -- but there's no way I'm replacing my 20+ x10 devices with Philips devices.  So, the ultimate wish is for an Alexa interface (Skill) for the X10 hub.  I would think if that skill came up on the Alexa app searches, that alone would prompt 100's of sales as I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat I'm in.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: PLEASE Publish an Alexa / Echo skill
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »

Tuicemen is taking a poll right now to develop a PiAlexaHub that will do what you want. I have a similar version running and we love it. To vote, go to http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?topic=1310.0.  You'll have to register to vote by sending an email. Click here for instructions: http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?topic=1269.0

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »

What I'm developing is not a Skill, it will require hardware other then the WM100.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:03:14 PM »

And this is one of the many areas that Authinx could step in and do their part. After all, this benefits them by selling more hardware. An "official" X10 skill will make X10 stand out to many that are just browsing on Alexa and may never come here.

It's amazing how many X10 users lurk here waiting with bated breath for something to confirm their dedication to X10 as a viable HA vehicle.

Of course, with that comes the need for the equivalent in Google Home.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »

If they added this to the CM15a they could be there quickly. https://amzn.to/2PSshXv

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »

I'm sure I"m not alone in that I've been using x10 for years …….
…….. I say, if they could get an Alexa skill published,...…... the ultimate wish is for an Alexa interface (Skill) for the X10 hub.  I would think if that skill came up on the Alexa app searches, that alone would prompt 100's of sales as I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat I'm in.

I been whipping that horse for months and months now. I think X10 got bad advice and actually avoided associating with the "scary cloud". Amazon and Google are selling their AI Home Automation interfaces by the MILLIONS. AI (like it, of fear it) is the current technology.

There are 10's... maybe even 100's of thousands of X10 users out there. And I'd guess most (like everyone else) has a least one AI devise in their homes right now. It was is an awful mistake to not have a skill for the WM-100.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 06:45:28 AM »

Q3: Is there plans to have an Alexa or Google home skill?
A: Yes, I'm told the developer is looking at Alexa now and will look at google home second.

From Jan 2018. Any progress?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:27:58 AM »

The developer can't even figure out how to fix simple time issues even with multiply examples of how to do it.
They may have been looking into the skills but I doubt they can figure those out either B:(
Authinx will not and should not have the current developer do any AI skills for this while the app is in such a dissapointing state.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.