Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Vista-Windows users should really try it  (Read 4244 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Active Home Vista-Windows users should really try it
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »

For those who wish to remain in the Windows world and prefer the look and feel AHP I suggest trying this https://cloudapks.com/app/com.activehomevista/

I installed this on Windows 10 for an X10 user the other day and was surprised to see how productive it was. As a bonus it has an Android App developed for it, the software is in current development by the author, unlike AHP, it has it's own Active Home Vista community on Google + and of course it's all free to use.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Active Home Vista-Windows users should really try it
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »

It should be noted that that Active Home Vista can't download timers and macros to the CM15 only to a CM11.
The AHP SDK is also required for using the CM15.
Microsoft killed my interest in anything with the name Vista in it for me.

If one really has to stay with Windows and not wish to stick with AHP, I'd recommend HomeGenie as it uses its own drivers for X10. Also if down the road you wish to move from a Windows PC to a different OS it will run on it, even a Pi.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Active Home Vista-Windows users should really try it
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »

It should be noted that that Active Home Vista can't download timers and macros to the CM15 only to a CM11.
The AHP SDK is also required for using the CM15.
Microsoft killed my interest in anything with the name Vista in it for me.

If one really has to stay with Windows and not wish to stick with AHP, I'd recommend HomeGenie as it uses its own drivers for X10. Also if down the road you wish to move from a Windows PC to a different OS it will run on it, even a Pi.

Yes but HomeGenie is not particularly easy to configure beyond the basics for most here on the forum and of course it doesn't do the macro and timer download thing either. I think that's already been demonstrated to a large extent.

Active Home Vista as I pointed out earlier has the look and feel of AHP and while it can't download macros and timers it does have an Android App which could easily replace the need for all those downloaded macros and timers anyway.

I don't use Windows anyway but doing this for a friend who runs at the sight of anything that remotely looks like code, as do many on the forum  :) I was mildly surprised at how quickly he was up and running on his PC with the CM19.  :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.