Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 📧HG Smart E-mailer  (Read 15928 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: HG Smart E-mailer
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »

Just wanted to report back:  I imported your smart emailer last night, used it on all my door sensors with send if door opened.  Alarm set and I made it thru the night with no emails.  This morning, alarm turned off automatically as normal, then we went thru 2 of the doors:  I got emails each time!  GREAT!  THANK YOU!

Now I just need to see where you decide if the alarm is set or not;  without looking yet, I assume you watch the HG built in alarm arm.  Of course I am not using that as I use a module that sends HA-bridge command to send RF security ARM command to my SC1200.  I assume it will be easy to find that IF line and change it to look at my module instead.

EDIT:  just peeked.  So you use Arm.IsOn & Arm.IsOff...   I would like to use my arm module that sends habridge command instead...

As an aside, is there any reason to try to incorporate the HG security console instead/also?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:37:55 AM by mike »

mike

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

I just thought of your dusk/dawn routine choice...  so I turned it on;  it thinks dusk begins at 2pm haha!  I neglected to put in lat/long.  ANYWAY, I suspect this choice will be sufficient to match up close enough to my use of turning on/off the ARM alarm.  THANKS again!  If it works tonight, I am sending you a nice donation my friend!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »

Now I just need to see where you decide if the alarm is set or not;  without looking yet, I assume you watch the HG built in alarm arm.  Of course I am not using that as I use a module that sends HA-bridge command to send RF security ARM command to my SC1200.  I assume it will be easy to find that IF line and change it to look at my module instead.

EDIT:  just peeked.  So you use Arm.IsOn & Arm.IsOff...   I would like to use my arm module that sends habridge command instead...

As an aside, is there any reason to try to incorporate the HG security console instead/also?
I use a HA-Bridge command to arm my ds7000 however I also have a script that when the arm signal is seen it arms the HG security.
This allows me to see the condition of my security system when not home, as well I can watch the condition of my security system to trigger other events. For example sending me snap shoots from all my IP cameras if my security system is tripped.
Or you could send only snap shots from a camera watching a door  if opened but only when your system is armed.
 There are lots more reasons to have the HG security module setup, but I can only think of one reason not to have it setup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »

I also have a script that when the arm signal is seen it arms the HG security.

Sounds like good way to go.  Mind sharing your script?  I am thinking it is a little program?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 09:56:49 AM »

the scripts are simple wizard scripts that arms and disarms the security system simular to these: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30855.msg180780#msg180780
instead of watching for the arm/disarm status I watch for the Raw RF.
If you used a Keyflob for setting up your Broadlink use it if you used the sh24 use its code.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »

Here is version 2 that adds some extra optional custom message options which override other settings if used.
Use the same install directions as Originally posted.
Updated: to fix arm/disarm time sends
  >!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:25:28 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 10:11:44 AM »

Thanks.  Is there an easy way to UPDATE the old one already installed?  Will IMPORT override and update or do I need to delete present and then import the new version?  I just don't want to loose the present settings on each of my DS10 switches...

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »

When you import a program, it will be given an ID.  That ID is how HG references things internally.  So, if you import a new version rather than updating the code, you will have to change the settings on your modules.  It is technically possible to modify the settings file from the command line/nano in order to redirect HG to use the new ID.  With your skill level, I would not recommend that.  Either copy/paste the code in your existing program or import the new module and set up the modules to use the new APP.

mike

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »

Thanks.  I am comfortable copy/paste the new code in place of the old. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »

I had no issues just deleting the old version and then adding the new version all my settings remained.
Copy and pasting the code is probably just as easy, less can go wrong.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »

I thought changing the .hgx name would change the prog name but it did not;  so I have two now, my active one and the  new one.  I cc/pasted prog and startup over; it complained - you reverted back to the obsolete input instead of options lines I think.  But still should work...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »

In order to rename the program it must be done in HG after intalling.

I also tried removing (deleting) the old Smart E-mailer in another PI then installing the new one and settings were not maintained  ::) :'. it probably has something to do with what was installed last. ???
Cut & paste is the best option for a large setup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »

I imported it, copied from it and pasted into my active Smart Emailer program, and never activated the new imported one - just used it to easily cut/paste.

Now none of X10 stuff works.   I tell you, if I can break it I will!

I tried restarting HG from maint menu, no change.  No x10 RF seen by HG. 

Rebooted pi...   looking like all back to working!  WHEW!

mike

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 03:02:25 PM »

Curious:  why is there a choice to enable emailings?  All my  sensors have it unchecked now after cc/paste.  I had checked them AND dusk/dawn.  Now only duck/dawn is checked.  Does this mean they will not send email anymore?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2019, 03:10:23 PM »

The enable emailing check box tells the program to run when the module is switched on. If unchecked emails will not be sent. All other check boxes and text inputs are optional.
You must go to settings then smart e-mailer to set a universal email address to send to if you only have the enable emailing checked. The option tab also should appear in the summary screen (bottom left) if program is enabled.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.