Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Doorbell and the KR15a  (Read 7999 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Doorbell and the KR15a
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »

Have you moved the button closer to the CM15?  Do you have another transceiver to test with like a TM751 or RR501?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »

Have you moved the button closer to the CM15?  Do you have another transceiver to test with like a TM751 or RR501?
Well, I'm going to point at the elephant in the room. I am seeing a number of comments on this board along the lines of: "Sounds like you got a bad X10 wiget, send it back."

Over the years the Chinese factory making X10 stuff would occasionally go off the rails and pump out widgets with little or no testing. Maybe they are off the rails again.

So, is the KR15A new?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 01:57:46 PM »

Well, I'm going to point at the elephant in the room. I am seeing a number of comments on this board along the lines of: "Sounds like you got a bad X10 wiget, send it back."

Over the years the Chinese factory making X10 stuff would occasionally go off the rails and pump out widgets with little or no testing. Maybe they are off the rails again.

So, is the KR15A new?

Brand new. In fact this is what it was doing the first time. So I sent it back to Authinx where I bought it. They claimed they tested it and it worked fine. Then they sent it back to me. And I have the same issue as I had before I sent it to them.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 02:26:21 PM »

Do you have another transceiver to test with like a TM751 or RR501?

LostDog88

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 04:54:18 PM »

Do you have another transceiver to test with like a TM751 or RR501?

Negative.

I use remotes on that txcvr all the time. And they work fine.

Hmm....Now you got me thinking. Does the SC1200 convert RF to PLC.....it must right?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »

Hmm....Now you got me thinking. Does the SC1200 convert RF to PLC.....it must right?

Yes. It flashes the lights using powerline. Only way to get to wall switches and lamp modules.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 06:43:57 PM »

You have the CM15A through AHP. Set to transceive the house code in use?
Sometimes you have to set the codes to specific. Auto sometimes missed things.

Did I see you where using HG? I found on my Pi Zero it reset the transceiver house codes to what house codes it knows about.
I set mine to None and after running HG. Some house codes where set to On.

LostDog88

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »

Yes. It flashes the lights using powerline. Only way to get to wall switches and lamp modules.

Doesn't the CM15 do the same thing?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 06:29:40 AM »

Yes the CM15A does send X10 power line signals. If you have set in the Tools Tab, Hardware Configuration, Transceived House Code to the ones you want to send. I used specific and picked the House Codes I needed to use. Auto has sometimes been reported as a problem. You can also set it to None. Then no House Code RF commands will be sent. Just used in AHP to to do things like Macros.

There have also been many reports on poor RF reception range and modifications to improve it. Can't say about the latest ones with no Receiver and Transmitter Daughter Boards now all on the main board.

LostDog88

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »

Yes the CM15A does send X10 power line signals. If you have set in the Tools Tab, Hardware Configuration, Transceived House Code to the ones you want to send. I used specific and picked the House Codes I needed to use. Auto has sometimes been reported as a problem. You can also set it to None. Then no House Code RF commands will be sent. Just used in AHP to to do things like Macros.

There have also been many reports on poor RF reception range and modifications to improve it. Can't say about the latest ones with no Receiver and Transmitter Daughter Boards now all on the main board.

Are you talking about AHP? I am not using AHP. Or am I confused? Under settings in HomeGenie I have A - B - C selected as house codes in use.
As far as I can tell. I should be able to go to my HG page. Click record a macro. Push the big red button and see some sort of transmission and it capture that "packet." This is not happening. Which leads me to believe the unit is DOA.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 10:08:52 AM »

Yes I was talking about through AHP.

I don't use HG but it sounds like if the house code you are using is selected. The CM15A should receive the RF commands.
Do you have other RF devices on the same House Code used by the KR15A that do work with HG? That would indicate that House Code is enabled in the CM15A.

Hope others using HG may chime in with more details.

LostDog88

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 11:10:08 AM »

I have two or four or something remotes that I use all the time. A slap a switch. I am sure that is RF.

I just looked at the CM15. It does not have any house code settings on it. I would think if the Remotes are working. The KR15 should.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »

I just looked at the CM15. It does not have any house code settings on it.
Selecting the Housecodes is done in the AHP software.
Will a remote activate a lamp set to A1?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »

I would think if the remotes are using the same House Code as the KR15A and work with other X10 devices. It is processing the RF.

All done through software. AHP is one of them. I suspect HG may also be selecting the House Codes as you pointed out. You have set some in HG.

LostDog88

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2019, 11:25:19 AM »

I just looked at the CM15. It does not have any house code settings on it.
Selecting the Housecodes is done in the AHP software.
Will a remote activate a lamp set to A1?
Yup. A1 works when the remote button is pushed. All of the buttons on my remotes work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.