Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Doorbell and the KR15a  (Read 8006 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Doorbell and the KR15a
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »

So the KR15A does control a switch or module on A1. Only the Chime Module will not work?

Can the Chime Module set to A1 be triggered directly with the KR15A?

Can the other remotes sending an A1 On trigger sound from the Chime Module?

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 11:46:13 AM »

I can trigger the alarm with with a long press (panic mode)
A single press doesn't activate the chime.
The remotes however, will activate the chime when that button is pressed.
The book says (according to Jacob at Authinx) that it should be Code +1. I have tried it every way. +1, -1, same code, etc.

Nothing. when there is a short press.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »

The Chime Module does not have a panic mode or at least it is not listed on the users manual sheet.
Though there had been posts that under some situations a Chime Module would be a screamer.

I think they are talking about the small powerhorn.  That panics mode with a long press on the KR15As button.
The KR15A manual says to control a light or appliance module. Set it to the same address as the KR15A is sending. Default is A1. The Chime Module should be the same and you tested it with another remote fine.

The latest security panel used two house codes. I believe they said +1 on the address with the console and a powerhorn.

Do you have any X10 security panel that maybe also using House Code A?

I may have missed it. Does the KR15A with a short button press. Turn On any other X10 modules set to A1 like a lamp or appliance module?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:04:11 PM by Brian H »

LostDog88

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »

The Chime Module does not have a panic mode or at least it is not listed on the users manual sheet.
Though there had been posts that under some situations a Chime Module would be a screamer.

I think they are talking about the small powerhorn.  That panics mode with a long press on the KR15As button.
The KR15A manual says to control a light or appliance module. Set it to the same address as the KR15A is sending. Default is A1. The Chime Module should be the same and you tested it with another remote fine.

The latest security panel used two house codes. I believe they said +1 on the address with the console and a powerhorn.

Do you have any X10 security panel that maybe also using House Code A?

I may have missed it. Does the KR15A with a short button press. Turn On any other X10 modules set to A1 like a lamp or appliance module?

All of the things you listed above I believe to be accurate. I cannot control a light or the chime with any short presses of the KR15 but I can control the light or chime with one of my remotes.

What do you mean by X10 security panel using House Code A? I have an SC1200 that is set for A. Is this what you mean?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »

Does AHP report receiving RF when you short-press the KR15?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

LostDog88

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »

I don't use AHP. I only use HG. HG does not see it and it don't appear in the logs.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 04:48:35 PM »

I don't use AHP. I only use HG. HG does not see it and it don't appear in the logs.
Does HG report RF when you control that light with another remote?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »

How far away from the Cm15a are you testing this verses the SC1200 Security system?
Could RF range be a issue here?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »

Yes I was asking about any X10 Security Consoles you had. The SC1200 is one of the models.
Did you register the KR15A trough the SC1200's menus?
Did you leave the Security Light Codes set to the default of A1-A2 in the SC1200?
If you have not tried it yet. Can you sound the crime module plugged into the same outlet as the SC1200's wall wart power supply with the KR15A?

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »

As far as I remember there are two versions of the Big Red Button, mostly undocumented.
One works the way you want it. the other only responds to the long press.

Of course, I 'm probably wrong. The wife will confirm that :)
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

LostDog88

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »

As far as I remember there are two versions of the Big Red Button, mostly undocumented.

Yes I registered it. It is remote 7.

LostDog88

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 11:01:51 PM »

The documentation that I received is this:

Plug a lamp into an X10 Lamp Module (sold separately) and set it to Housecode A and Unit
Code 1. Plug the module into any AC outlet.
Optionally plug a Remote Siren, Model SH10A into any convenient AC outlet. Set it to A1 also.
Press the large red button on the KR15A. The lamp connected to any X10 Module set to A1 will
turn on. Hold the red button for a few seconds and the SH10A siren will start “dinging.” Hold the
button for still longer and the SH10A’s siren will sound a loud alarm. The siren will stop a few
seconds after you release the button.

It does not work like this at all.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 06:27:23 AM »

You said you are using an SC506 Chime Module. It is not the same as a SH10A or PSH02 Small Powerhorn. So the part about the dinging will not happen as the instructions say for a Small Powerhorn.

When you give a short push the Red Button should send an X10 On. That should trigger a Chime Module or any other X10 module on A1.

Since you also registered the KR15A with the SC1200 and you have the Security Light Code on default A1 and A2. When you hold the Red Button on the KR15A for a long push. It will start a Panic Alarm on the SC1200.

With both the CM15A and SC1200 both transceiving House Code A. It is possible they are both interfering with each other or if you have bad phase coupling. One may do part of the home and the other one other parts of the home.

If you temporarily disable the SC1200 maybe set it to a different House Code. Then see if the CM15A is still processing the A commands from your remotes. Then test again with the CM15A unplugged and see if the remotes work when the SC1200 is back on House Code A.

LostDog88

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 08:12:10 PM »

You said you are using an SC506 Chime Module. It is not the same as a SH10A or PSH02 Small Powerhorn. So the part about the dinging will not happen as the instructions say for a Small Powerhorn.

When you give a short push the Red Button should send an X10 On. That should trigger a Chime Module or any other X10 module on A1.

Since you also registered the KR15A with the SC1200 and you have the Security Light Code on default A1 and A2. When you hold the Red Button on the KR15A for a long push. It will start a Panic Alarm on the SC1200.

With both the CM15A and SC1200 both transceiving House Code A. It is possible they are both interfering with each other or if you have bad phase coupling. One may do part of the home and the other one other parts of the home.

If you temporarily disable the SC1200 maybe set it to a different House Code. Then see if the CM15A is still processing the A commands from your remotes. Then test again with the CM15A unplugged and see if the remotes work when the SC1200 is back on House Code A.

I did this test. Remotes worked fine. KR15 does not work.

I also got an email back from Jacob at Authinx. He has informed me that he believes that the unit will not work the way I expect it to and that he does not have a solution. He has provided me an option for returning the KR15 and getting a full refund.
I have no issue with that, but am still out a doorbell. I would really like to integrate a doorbell (currently there are no wires) to my HG automation software. So I can put bells and such in other places, like the office, garage, etc.
Anyone have any ideas on how to do that, since I cannot make this one work?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2019, 06:08:41 AM »

That maybe possible.

Though the instruction sheet from the X10 web sits. Still says it will control an X10 Lamp Module with On command it send with a short button push. The Chime Module should also sound with an X10 On to its address.

All of my test X10 modules are not the ones currently being sold. So present sales units may not act like my testing modules.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.