Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 🌪️Weather Alerter for HG  (Read 5862 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: 🌪️Weather Alerter for HG
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »

I had hoped HG build 1.3-stable.3 would have addressed some of the issues with the OpenWeatherMap program which this uses. Unfortunately this didn't happen B:(
Although I feel this (Weather Alerter) is more then ready for releasing  those wishing humidity alerts or Fahrenheit symbols (°F) in the Open weather Map are out of luck unless they wish to edit some code.
This isn't a big deal for either the widget or program (takes less then 2mins and is documented on my forum) but I understand users not wishing to do this.  ;)

I've added code so the Weather Alerter will do the conversions and display correct values for those that want this in the Weather Alerter widget until OpenWeatherMap is working correctly in HG.
I've had some active weather the last few days and this has performed well for me with the options I had enabled.
I continue to fine tune things here with this for my setup and as I think of things which I may need either here or at my off grid place I add the options.
I have some hysteresis built in to the code but these I feel may need a bit more fine tuning ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 08:29:24 PM »

Currently I have a RC build of this posted on my forum and free to any user that has access to the members only section. http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?topic=1337.msg8297#msg8297
I would ask if you download it to play with that you post some feed back in that thread so I can weed out issues one may encounter. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 06:28:17 AM »

Just wanted to chime in and say I agree with Tuicemen. 

While there can be advantages to copying existing code that often is better served once you understand it.  So starting something new (which can be based on something existing) allows me to get a better understanding of what the code is doing too. 

I think it's all a matter of what you are trying to achieve as well - getting something together quick to work vs getting something together that you understand how and why it works.

I have only started working with HG in the last 4-5 months and with that I am starting slowly, relying on existing functionality to get my setup working.

But very recently I have started to expand and part of that has been testing the weather alerter, which includes trying to gain an understanding of how it's working (I was able to make some small code changes as part of that to get it working based on Tuicemen's directions).

Not that I am planning currently to write something of my own as of now, but if I did I would follow the same approach he did here

As they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »

I posted this Program in the OP ( http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30949.msg181860#msg181860 )
You'll need the latest version of HG as it uses the Open weather program in it.
This gives any device configured in HG the options to trigger on any of the conditions listed in WeatherAlerter.
Note: The ability to trigger on humidity values will require an edit to the Openweather program to function.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:29:38 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Weather Alerter for HG
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2021, 11:25:37 AM »

I reworked this  adding the ability to specify what weather program to pull the info from. However this would require the program to be configured to posting values with same names as OpenWeather does. (I've only tested this with OpenWeather & a modified OpenWeather Program that adds the humidity code)

I also added to allow values from a thermostat  or sensors temperature & humidity values and to trigger events based on values. This would also require the sensor to be posting said values as Temperature & Humidity. (tested this with My-EcoBee and Indoor DHT sensor programs)
This uses the same widget as posted in the OP. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2023, 06:56:18 PM »

Since it appears Gene has decided to make the old GUI unavailable moving forward as well as developing 64 bit Netcore versions and updating much of the programing code, I find most if not all User created Scripts (programs) here are no longer compatible with netcore versions or even the .net versions. :(
Since I like to attempt to stay up to date and not left trying to get things working in the future all at once  I've started to update some of my more commonly used programs. The Weather Alerter addon  is probably at the top of my list. The main code although does seem to work many errors are generated due to new coding practices in C# that I've noticed so far. The Custom Widget posted in the OP doesn't work as there is no widget editor to allow custom widgets.(at least not yet in beta 1.4.0 ver15)
I started off by reverting to a older version without selectable weather forecast or internal sensors. These may get added back in as things evolve and more options get added back into HomeGenie.
this is the WeatherAlerter that works in HomeGenie 64bit.
The compatible widget  doesn't show all values at once but toggles through them you can also move quickly to the next or previous values with a click of the Chevrons.
Rename the txt file removing the txt extension and import into HG programs >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.