Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Alexa functions/programming  (Read 776 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
New Alexa functions/programming
« on: November 24, 2019, 08:40:56 AM »

For reasons I won't get into here.... I was setting the Christmas automation early this year. When I discovered that the overly-simple, under-useful Alexa programming had been updated..... and I mean UPDATED!

To be honest.... I have never stopped missing the capabilities of the old CM15A and the ActiveHome Pro software (suite) on a PC and what it could do. Particularly when added with the functionality of a user created software. 

But this new Alexa (iphone) app (update) seems to have a lot. I've yet to explore everything) or even hardly anything. But it is impressive

I may always have a soft-spot for the old-days of the CM15A.... but the new golden age of automation is amazing. BTW I added several X10 modules for Christmas decorations and will be adding more outside too. And the X10 works wonderfully (as usual). 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New Alexa functions/programming
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 07:30:52 AM »

Amazon does update the alexa app often, though it does take time for everyone to get the newest updates.
It also appears amazon does listen to user suggestion for improvement.  :)%
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New Alexa functions/programming
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 09:07:34 AM »

I am really impressed with the selection and ease to set up.... macros/robots/programs/routines... whatever you want to call the pre-determined actions.

I just setup my Christmas lights to all (inside and outdoors) come on on a voice command (I could do a timer as well... even based on phone location... I believe) from anywhere with feedback... of a custom voice response and a Christmas music selection. I can add delays and MORE. This really isn't just about Alexa! This stuff is progressing exponentially.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.