Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You know what's weird?  (Read 631 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
You know what's weird?
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:20:56 PM »

I have an MS10? x10 motion detector in the stairwell on the way down to the basement. It is to turn on the light at the bottom of the stairs when it sees one of us. When it's good it's very good. But the x10 wall switch has always been the first to go when there are too many switching supplies in play in our home.

Crazy thing is though, is that I know when it's not going to work because the motion detector won't blink n' flash.
If I unplug the offending noise makers so that the wall switch will work, then the motion detector will do it's blinky blinky and the light comes on.

As far as I know the motion detector being battery operated is completely stand alone and only an output device. But darned if when the wall switch is not going to work, the motion detector seems complicit and will not see you. I know it's not batteries as I'll see this action change over the coarse of a week without any change other than laptop chargers and humidifiers being unplugged.

Boo-boo buddies.
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: You know what's weird?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »

The stairwell switch hasn't worked for a week. Neither has the MS blinked at me
I just went down the stairs and the MS blinked, OMG it's going to work! - Doink the light came on.
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: You know what's weird?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:08:33 AM »

What X10 setup do you have in the house. Do you use an X10 controller or is it just a transceiver working with your MS10 and your light switch. Relocating the transceiver to another outlet and/or changing the house code might help. Do you have many other RF devices working in the house that could be affecting your reception. Last thing to consider is failing batteries or failing sensor.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.