💬General Category > General Discussion

What OS are you primarily using for your Home Automation

(1/4) > >>

Tuicemen:
X10WTI devices were originaly created to run on Windows and they supplied the software. However X10WTI is no more and Authinx is unable to maintain any of the software. Luckily end users created drivers allowing the hardware to work on virtually any OS with a varity of different softwares.
I'm trying to gauge if most users are moving to other softwares and on what OS. Or are most die hards and still using the original software.

toasterking:
My scenario is not actually represented here.  I exclusively use software I have written for myself which communicates with my XTB-232 via the "ActiveHome Scripting SDK" (which is just a service and COM class).  So I'm using third party (first party from my perspective) software on Windows, but I'm also dependent on X10WTI middleware (not AHP).  I selected "No but still use Windows with a thirdparty solution" in your poll.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: toasterking on January 16, 2020, 02:37:49 PM ---My scenario is not actually represented here.  I exclusively use software I have written for myself which communicates with my XTB-232 via the "ActiveHome Scripting SDK" (which is just a service and COM class).  So I'm using third party (first party from my perspective) software on Windows, but I'm also dependent on X10WTI middleware (not AHP).  I selected "No but still use Windows with a thirdparty solution" in your poll.

--- End quote ---
Ah yes forgot about the AHP SDK
I use to fall in the same category, what you've selected is close enough.  >!

HA Dave:
An old widows guy myself.... and I barely use windows anymore. My home automation runs on various Raspberry/Linux/android/cloud and Apple iPhone stuff. I haven’t had a Windows automation machine running 24/7 for more than a couple years… Now.

I really don’t know… What portion or percentage of my automation processing is done in house or by cloud processors. That’s something I should give some thought to… If only as a mental exercise.

I am currently… Even dictating this post via my iPhone.

Tuicemen:
I still use Windows for browsing and such but my HA stuff has all moved away from it.
Most my stuff is run from a Pi, I love the compactness of it, and the low voltage makes running 24/7 at my off grid place a no brainer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version