Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Switch not turned on by AHP. It is turned off.  (Read 785 times)

bf9ys02

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Switch not turned on by AHP. It is turned off.
« on: January 22, 2020, 07:16:41 PM »

I have had an XPS4 switch controlling an LED fixture for about a year.  Recently it ceased to turn the LED on.  It does still turn it off.  I use Active Home Pro on a CM15A controller.  I reprogrammed the controller.  No help.  I re-installed the AHP software and again reprogrammed the controller.  No help.  I replaced the XPS4 with a WS13A and programmed the controller again.  Guess what?  NO HELP!

What could be wrong?  As you know, these switches require a neutral connection.  Could a break in the neutral line cause this?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Switch not turned on by AHP. It is turned off.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:22:23 AM »

The electronics in LED bulbs can cause problems and can change over time so you might want to test a different bulb just to eliminate that from the equation. Try testing with an incandescent bulb as well.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »

The typical causes of problem are what the module is controlling (e.g., LED going bad as already suggested) and other components added to your home (e.g., new phone charger, PSU, TV, etc.).  As brobin suggested, check the LED is not the issue.  If not, consider anything electronic you have added to your home in the last year.  Temporarily remove each and see if the problem is resolved.  If any of those is the issue, you will need to consider filters.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »

Just for giggles, in AHP redefine the XPS4 as an Appliance Module and see if anything changes.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »

If the Neutral was open. The Local paddle would not turn it On and Off and the Active LED on the face would not light dimly. When Off.

bf9ys02

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »

I used Appliances/Fluorescent Wall Switch Module.  That fixed the priblem.  Thanks to all.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.