Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Proper Config. of X10 RPi Buster  (Read 6552 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Proper Config. of X10 RPi Buster
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 01:57:21 PM »

Hello Petera I am N American. I just read the AHP instructions and I didn't see how to turn on or off details just how to setup AHP with CM15A. Before installing HG for the first time I cleared all modules macros and memory several times so hopefully the problem does not lay with AHP software. I am going to use petera's RPi buster install instructions on a different card. Will check back when completed.

If you run into difficulties just PM me. I don't imagine you should though. I used my own instructions to set up a another RPI and it worked without any problems.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »

Setup of the Cm15 with AHP takes mins and less if it is still installed.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 02:03:07 PM »

Tuicemen It does look like the CM15 is bad.   I will try peteras cut and paste solution to re install buster if I ever find it. I have already searched Google, HomeGenie club, and x10 home automation sites for about an hour with no luck.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 02:04:04 PM »

To test if a CM15 is working outside of the HG application all a user has to do is use a web automation call on a browser bar. The XtenLib drivers are already installed.
And yet you recommend a new image and HG install instead of testing with the web call. ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 02:12:55 PM »

Tuicemen It does look like the CM15 is bad.   I will try peteras cut and paste solution to re install buster if I ever find it. I have already searched Google, HomeGenie club, and x10 home automation sites for about an hour with no luck.
he also posted in the forum here.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31064.0
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 02:15:13 PM »

To test if a CM15 is working outside of the HG application all a user has to do is use a web automation call on a browser bar. The XtenLib drivers are already installed.
And yet you recommend a new image and HG install instead of testing with the web call. ???

I did for a reason. His config files were messed up. Relax I'm not trying to steal your thunder  rofl This chap just wants a vanilla install of HG with nothing else added as you can see from his post. That's what my install instructions provide as you well know.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »

he also posted in the forum here.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31064.0

Yes but that conclusion wasn't based on any technical basis. People blaming problems on line noise and signal suckers or not updating to the latest version doesn't really help. Simple fact is he had it working and now it's not working. If he rules out an option that previously worked for him all the better for him. Buying new hardware unnecessarily is hardly the solution.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »

I did for a reason. His config files were messed up. Relax I'm not trying to steal your thunder  rofl This chap just wants a vanilla install of HG with nothing else added as you can see from his post. That's what my install instructions provide as you well know.
  if his configuration files were a mess and you say the web call doesn't use HG then it shouldn't mater.
I'm not worried about anyone stealing my thunder, just trying not to waste time. And a new image and reinstall of HG doesn't give one a bare HG there are all kinds of demo  modules  and other programs (security Weather) that still need to be removed.
edjal has already wasted an hour looking for your cut and paste solution.
And it was your image that originally failed that started things off (most likely due to a power blip or removing things that shouldn't have)
 and you to recommend the down load of the PiX10Hub Image.  I hope your cut and paste works!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:47:47 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »

if his configuration files were a mess and you say the web call doesn't use HG then it shouldn't mater.
I'm not worried about anyone stealing my thunder, just trying not to waste time. And a new image and reinstall of HG doesn't give one a bare HG there are all kinds of demo  modules  and other programs (security Weather) that still need to be removed.
edjal has already wasted an hour looking for your cut and paste solution.
And it was your image that originally failed that started things off (most likely due to a power blip or removing things that shouldn't have)
 and you to recommend the down load of the PiX10Hub Image.  I hope your cut and paste works!

A vanilla install ex the factory as the author released is what you get. All the user then has to do is enable X10, choose the monitored house codes and you're good to go. The rest Edjal managed to setup himself without my help. He added and configured his own X10 widgets. For some reason his config file became messed up partly as his HG backup failed to complete. I would have suggested he do the copy/paste as per my instructions again but time was not on his side nor mine.

I really do suggest that if you are going to supply a download image or an installation script you confine it purely to HG only or if you feel for some reason you can't do that, provide the HG only image and/or script as an alternative install.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »

There is a vanilla HG image available (posted) although not a Buster one.
I do also have a installer that installs a vanilla HG to a Buster installed image for any Pi Board.
However due to all the negativity I'll keep that one to my self.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 03:44:12 PM »

I do also have a installer that installs a vanilla HG to a Buster installed image for any Pi Board.

The simpler you keep things the more interest you will attract. Humans get confused with choice and move on. Just get users up and running with HG, nothing else. These guys are AHP users so are not used to choice. Yes once you have your user base identified by all means gently introduce other options. I'm not sure but I doubt AHP does Alexa natively. it's definitely a case of KISS here.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 03:49:56 PM »

I'm not sure but I doubt AHP does Alexa natively.
rofl
Well that squirted coffee out my nose.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »

I'm not sure but I doubt AHP does Alexa natively. It's definitely a case of KISS here.
Neither does HG with out others contributions, it is actually very easy to get Alexa working with AHP however most want (expect X10 or someone else to do that for them)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.