Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The app was unable to connect to the X10 WiFi HUB  (Read 3821 times)

JBL11554

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
The app was unable to connect to the X10 WiFi HUB
« on: March 23, 2020, 08:08:46 AM »

This seems to have been coming.  Whenever I use the app it seems to take forever for it to connect.  'Please wait a moment, Send data in progress..."  Now it seems that I can't connect to the WiFi HUB.  I know it is working because it is turning on lights in the morning like it is supposed to, so the wifi is working.  Any thoughts.  The app doesn't work from my wife's phone either.  Short of resetting to factory defaults is there anything else you can do to reset the HUB? >*<

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: The app was unable to connect to the X10 WiFi HUB
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:59:25 AM »

It could be a server-side issue. I'm having the same thing this morning.
I'd give it some time, see if they are able to correct it.

JBL11554

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »

Thanks.  That never occurred to me. -:)

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »

No connection for me on multiple devices from about 11:30 PM MST (AZ) and still have it now at 9:30 AM MST.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »

I found that after I started using the 5.8 broadband to feed my smart TV... some other connected devices wanted to connect the the faster 5.8 signal.... even though those devices could only use 2.4ghz.

So... I changed the name of the 5.8 connection (in my routers setup) along with the password. This made it harder for the device to accidentally be directed to unusable (for some devices) 5.8ghz. And... forced the devices to report failed to log-on bad password.... instead of failure to connect.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »

During router setup most will automatically set a different SSID for each band. For example, if you set up the 2.4 SSID as 'myhouse' the router might default the 5.8 SSID to 'myhouse-A' or 'myhouse5g' to make it unique. There's no need to use a different password unless you want to, as a 2.4 only device will never even see the 5g SSID.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:12:53 PM by brobin »

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »

There's no need to use a different password unless you want to as a 2.4 only device will never even see the 5g SSID.

That hasn't been my experience. Either way.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »

My router works simular to Daves it uses the same sid and password by default. However I've never had a 2ghz device try to connect to the 5ghz band.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »

My router works simular to Daves it uses the same sid and password by default. However I've never had a 2ghz device try to connect to the 5ghz band.

I had some problems with a few (cheaper) items [that] failed to connect. I was puzzled as to why. And searching on the interweb read of some devices failures being NON-future proofed. I thought about it for some time... as It seemed unlikely to me (as well). But the trial/test was easy enough to do. And that's all it took.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:47:23 PM by HA Dave »

lrn

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 11:23:34 PM »

I am having this problem or a variation of the connect problem.  I got a new Netgear Orbi mesh router.  I can see the device on the connected device list as ESP-2D4A1A and is connected as 2.4G device  What I have noticed is that if I run the X10 app and look under the Device the status does not reflect the correct device disposition; i.e., if says off when it is actually on.  I have also discovered that if I go to setup and do a Sync data from hub that the status is updated to the correct value in the device list.  So I can get it to work but I have to do it manually.  I tried the WIFI setup wizard, but it fails to connect, however it appears to connected in spite of the error.  Additionally I am able to control devices with my Android phone, so I am definitely connected,

Any ideas want might be going on?

Thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.