Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: alexa messages  (Read 1808 times)

bobbyds1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
alexa messages
« on: July 11, 2020, 07:24:46 PM »

I have a new problem on many occasions when i ask alexa either to turn on or off a unit it will do it then it will respond {unit} isnt responding please check network connections and power supply. why is this happening the some time it will work again right after saying that message or it wont and keep responding with this message how can i fix this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: alexa messages
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:50:13 AM »

The issue is amazon isn't  recieving a confirmation from HA-Bridge before the time out of Alexa.
You can play with the settings in HA-Bridge to try to speed up confirmation sends and improve this, however there is no way to change this time out on the Amazon side.
Network speed and congestion can also affect this.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bobbyds1

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »

what do i adjust on the HA- bridge what setting and what is the baseline setting and which way go i go.

Thanks

Bob

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 05:19:03 PM »

Your best to make a backup of Ha-bridge and read the help  documentation. Before changing any values the default settings are what works with most hardware so I would use that as the base. As well as setting any call delays everyones setup is unique. The readme does give some suggestions for other setting to change as well that should help with discovery and subsequent calls. In my case simply decreasing the unpn call delay helped while on another setup require me to set the web server ip.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bobbyds1

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »

by any chance does anyone have a screen shot of the default settings for ha-bridge it would be most appreciated and where can i find documentation on what all the different settings do.

Thank you

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.