Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers  (Read 7463 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 05:26:30 AM »

You don't need to plug the PLM into the port on the XTB-IIR+ just get it to another circuit - like where the WM100 is.

Possum0425

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 07:27:04 PM »

Hi Brobin,

No cat 5 or 6 in house full stop.  I do have a large sonos system about 30 units, and each Sonos Speaker has an ethernet port (ACTUALLY 2 ), i can try that vss PL Ethernet.  Have not had time to move things, on vacation nd another project is underway Finishing construction of Greenhouse, weather in NY oddly Nild,,  maybe we should brace for a N E ster!!

brobin

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »

If you have a good WiFi signal you can use a bridge rather than the PL Ethernet.  The TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender(RE215) for $24 would be a good choice.

https://t.ly/IlG0

madbrain

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »

[quote author=Possum0425 link=topic=31415.msg188002#msg188002 date=1640824024
Hi Brobin,

No cat 5 or 6 in house full stop.  I do have a large sonos system about 30 units, and each Sonos Speaker has an ethernet port (ACTUALLY 2 ), i can try that vss PL Ethernet.  Have not had time to move things, on vacation nd another project is underway Finishing construction of Greenhouse, weather in NY oddly Nild,,  maybe we should brace for a N E ster!!
[/quote]

PL Ethernet is really a crapshoot, but for low bandwidth applications, it's fie. I use TP-Link AV1200 for 6 Chromecast audio, a solar meter, energy meter, and printer. With all the electronics in the house, links between some room go as low as 11 Mbps physical rate over AV1200 according to the TP-PLC utility. And yet, it's still enough for those things.

For higher bandwidth apps, certainly anything video or backup, I use Wifi bridges - Ubiquiti Unifi NanoHD. If you use Wifi, my advice is not to try bridges, access points and routers from different vendors together. Use a mesh system and add matching components. Don't try to add a cheap 3rd party bridge to your existing setup. There are all kinds of issues with doing that. I have been there, and would never do it again. You can mix access point if you have ethernet throughout your home. But don't mix bridges. If you have no CAT5/CAT6, you are going to have several wifi devices acting as bridges.

Possum0425

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 07:14:51 AM »

Gotcha-I have mesh, was using Orbi with two Satellites and had some issues, we moved to EERO Amazon Mesh- I will try that as we have 6 stations and I can plug into any.  I will let you know!~

Possum0425

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 07:36:08 AM »

:)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)%

Brobin, we did it.  Thank you so much for the help.  The Hub and PLM is now plugged into the same outlet that my Raspi (programmed for automation with Alexa) was lugged into.  This is in the main part of the house where the 110v circuit reports directly to my enterence that has the XBRII+ installed. 

The old Raspi (which worked) was connected to Router via WiFI. I plugged the SMARTENIT Hub into the ethernet jack on a Sonos Play5.

EVERYTHING NOW WORKS - KUDOS!!!! >! #:)

Possum0425

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »

Now that the X10 Problem is solved, I am excited to try other features of the HUB.

Does anyone have experience adding IP Cams?  I do not have FOSCAM units but have six X!) Airsight cams of various models and five Amazon Blink cams.  Has anyone had any luck adding cams other than the Foscam listed in the Smartenit App????

I will also cross post to cam section of Forum.

brobin

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »

:)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)% :)%

Brobin, we did it.  Thank you so much for the help.  The Hub and PLM is now plugged into the same outlet that my Raspi (programmed for automation with Alexa) was lugged into.  This is in the main part of the house where the 110v circuit reports directly to my enterence that has the XBRII+ installed. 

The old Raspi (which worked) was connected to Router via WiFI. I plugged the SMARTENIT Hub into the ethernet jack on a Sonos Play5.

EVERYTHING NOW WORKS - KUDOS!!!! >! #:)

Very happy to hear that!  #:) It'd still be nice to find the noise source from the sub-panel but as long as you don't have any controllers there and the XTB-IIR+ blasts through it you can leave that for a rainy day.   Happy New Year!  >!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:56:59 PM by brobin »

brobin

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2021, 10:46:15 AM »

Now that the X10 Problem is solved, I am excited to try other features of the HUB.

Does anyone have experience adding IP Cams?  I do not have FOSCAM units but have six X!) Airsight cams of various models and five Amazon Blink cams.  Has anyone had any luck adding cams other than the Foscam listed in the Smartenit App????

I will also cross post to cam section of Forum.

I haven't set up any cameras in the P2 as I use it primarily as an Alexa bridge and to send notifications, emails & texts.  For example, I have an MS16 motion detector on the front porch that triggers the P2 to send an email and notification when someone approaches the front door.  I also have a sensor on my package drop box that does the same thing.

For my 15 cameras I've been using IP Cam Viewer for Android by Richard Chou for well over a decade.  It's well supported and handles just about any camera or DVR/NVR you might have including X10 Airsight cameras.  I think you'll find it a more sophisticated choice for viewing your cams both for setup and operation.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewerBasic&hl=en_US&gl=US

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2022, 04:02:37 PM »

Well, I just pulled the trigger for the P2 and X10. Since I just last week finally gave in and entered the Alexa ecosystem, I now want to try and integrate the voice capabilities with my old Cm15a which has reliably served me for decades. All I do is have lights (modules and switches) on timers for household lighting.

I added a pair of Alexa enabled switches (Amazon Basics) and 2 Dots to allow my wife to turn on the outside lights by voice when taking the dog out without walking to two different parts of the house to turn on lights. It's working so well, I thought I'd try and expand my limited knowledge and abilities...so will probably be back here for guidance ;-)

brobin

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 04:23:16 PM »

Welcome to the Harmony P2/G2 world!  Just holler if you need any help with setting it set up.  While you're waiting for it to arrive you can install the app on your Android or IOS phone and set up your account. Then you can go into your Alexa app and get & enable the Smartenit Skill so you can hit the ground running when it arrives.

SkipWX10

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 06:09:04 PM »

Welcome to the Harmony P2/G2 world!  Just holler if you need any help with setting it set up.  While you're waiting for it to arrive you can install the app on your Android or IOS phone and set up your account. Then you can go into your Alexa app and get & enable the Smartenit Skill so you can hit the ground running when it arrives.

Thanks for the insight, I'll do the setups now and familiarize myself with them.

brobin

Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »

Got a new P2?  Here's how to get started.

Once you have the P2 and PLM connected and plugged in you can set up your account in the app.  Don't forget to open your Alexa app and, under the 'Skills' tab get and enable the Smartenit skill.

Now let's add your X10 devices. In the upper right corner of your app screen tap the green '+' button.
Tap 'Devices' then scroll down to 'Switches/Outlets' and tap it.
Scroll down to and select either 'X10 Appliance Modules' or 'X10 Dimmers' as appropriate.  Anything that doesn't dim is an Appliance Module.
Then tap 'Add Now' and enter the name for the device (i.e. Porch Light) and enter the House and Unit code then tap 'Save'

Rinse, Lather, Repeat for each X10 device.

Now if you tap the menu bars in the upper left corner and select 'Devices' you'll see a list of your X10 devices and you can tap the circle to turn them on and off or or adjust brightness by turning the circle.

You'll now be able to see events as they occur.

If you've enabled the Smartenit skill in the Alexa app now would be a good time to tell Alexa to 'Discover Devices' after which you can control them by voice.

By pressing the '+' button you can select 'Automation Rules' and set up whatever schedules/events you like.  It's pretty intuitive and very flexible.

Any questions, just holler.

Mic_

Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 03:56:56 AM »

Hey folks; the post above is right on the money!

SkipWX10

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 12:22:38 PM »

OK, received the P2 and X10 PLM. Got them installed and connected in my mess of a communications hole (literally a space underneath a stair landing, full of internet/stereo stuff with only one outlet)..discovered devices (X10) and Harmony saw all (only 6 X10 light module addresses and one WS467)

So far can turn on/off 5 of the 7 addresses in the app, app shows that all go to 100% but on two no action. These are A2 (module) and A6 (WS467). Interestingly neither A2 or A6 show activity (blinking LED) on the PLM all others do.

With Alexa, Those same two (A2 and A6) show as turned on/off in the app but no LED blink on the PLM, but also A1 gets a 'Living Room doesn't support that' response from Alexa even though A1 works fine in the app.

ETA: forgot to add that all commands, whether LED blinks or not and device works or not, are seen in the event log

Overall, quite easy to set up and happy to have the Alexa ability for X10 devices...probably wont use it much since really X10 is done by the CM15a for on and off at set times for household lighting.

Oh, and one more item...can Harmony control Amazon basics light switches? I just installed two of them but wouldn't know what they would be called in device listing for P2

OK, another ETA: just removed and rediscovered A2 and A6, I can now turn on/off A2 (module) and cn turn ON A6 (WS467) but not OFF. It is set at a preset dim, so wondering if since the app shows 100% whan turned on this affects anything? It does turn on to it's preset dim.

All things considered this has been a very successful hour or so spent to activate the P2 and Alexa integration!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:52:14 PM by SkipWX10 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.