Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers  (Read 7886 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2022, 11:10:07 AM »

Does the Harmony G2 work with the CM15a PLM or would I need to order the Smartlabs PLM?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2022, 11:24:53 AM »

You would need the Smartlabs PLM which they will bundle with the G2.  Under "Choose an option" select the "Add Insteon/X10 PLM" for the bundled price of $204.99.  The CM-11A is not compatible.

The Harmony PICO which does not require a PLM is in the works but no release date has been set.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2022, 05:44:55 PM »

As pointed out.
You need an Insteon 2412U or 2413U. USB interfaced PLM.
Smartenit still has some in the options choices. Their choice to what they may have at the moment.
The PLM is very hard to find. As the company closed earlier this year but some of the employees are starting a new company. The 2413 style PLM also has a power supply issue. With poorly chosen capacitors in a switching power supply. Later revisions had better caps.
Like the CM11A the CM15A will not work. They are X10 controllers not a PLM interface to the outside world.

brobin

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2022, 05:59:47 PM »

Just to cover all options, the 2412S & 2413S serial versions will work with a serial-to-USB adapter. Best to get the 2412U with the G2 for best price and a warranty.

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2022, 06:21:04 PM »

Brian, Brobin, Thanks for the help!!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2022, 06:57:39 PM »

Just to cover all options, the 2412S & 2413S serial versions will work with a serial-to-USB adapter.

So will the XTB-XM, which delivers a much stronger signal than the Insteon products.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

brobin

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2024, 04:26:40 PM »

There was a Smartenit server outage last night (1/15/24) - all good today.

Had me scratching my head but though it might be a server issue.  I emailed them this morning and got the reply below.  Everything came back as it should BUT I had to disable and reenable the Smartenit skill in the Alexa app.

From Smartenit:
"Hi Bruce,

The app is back up and running. Close the app and then open it again and all should be fine. The console is no longer available for some time now.

Huge apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Suzanne "Sammy" Korotie
Corporate and Sales Administrator
Smartenit, Inc.
1 Technology Drive, Ste D405

Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: (949) 429-3303 ext. 1
Fax:  (949) 238-2552
https://smartenit.com/"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:47:20 PM by brobin »

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2024, 08:10:19 PM »

Had me scratching my head but though it might be a server issue.  I emailed them this morning and got the reply below.  Everything came back as it should BUT I had to disable and reenable the Smartenit skill in the Alexa app

Hey, glad to see this post...wondering why Alexa was not finding devices! It's still happening to me as well and Alexa even said I have to reenable the skill....but I can't even find the skill in Alexa...I must have it or she wouldn't communicate with Smartenit, correct?

How do you do that in the app? Thanks!

SkipWX10

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2024, 08:19:07 PM »

Had me scratching my head but though it might be a server issue.  I emailed them this morning and got the reply below.  Everything came back as it should BUT I had to disable and reenable the Smartenit skill in the Alexa app

Hey, glad to see this post...wondering why Alexa was not finding devices! It's still happening to me as well and Alexa even said I have to reenable the skill....but I can't even find the skill in Alexa...I must have it or she wouldn't communicate with Smartenit, correct?

How do you do that in the app? Thanks!

Wow, never mind...I just didn't find the skill in the app because I didn't hit enter when I searched....age related brain farts are getting more and more common....I did have to disable and reenable as well before I could control my X10 devices. Of course Alexa would control amazon switches, etc, just not X10 through Smartenit...

brobin

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2024, 08:28:30 PM »

It took me a minute to find it too. Every time I open the Alexa app they've changed things, generally for the worse!

To get to the skill:
1. Open the Alexa app and at the very bottom tap 'MORE';
2. Halfway down on the right side tap 'Skills & Games,';
3. Scroll all the way to the VERY bottom and tap 'Your Skills';
4  Scroll down till you find the 'Smartenit Skill.' 
5. Click 'Disable and confirm then;
6. Click 'Enable,' enter your Smartenit login info and you'll be back in biz!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:44:50 PM by brobin »

SkipWX10

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2024, 10:35:41 PM »

It took me a minute to find it too. Every time I open the Alexa app they've changed things, generally for the worse! To get to the skill, open the Alexa app and at the very bottom tap 'MORE' then halfway down on the right side tap 'Skills & Games,' then scroll all the way to the very bottom and tap 'Your Skills' then scroll down till you find the 'Smartenit Skill.'  Click 'Disable and confirm then click 'Enable,' enter your Smartenit login info and you'll be back in biz!

Thanks for the summary...interestingly enough, when I got to 'your skills' there were none listed, although it says 25 enabled...I had ended up searching for 'Smartenit' under the skills page and it came up then allowed me to disable and then enable and login...

brobin

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2024, 11:04:44 PM »

I had that happen too but they came up after about 20 seconds. Glad you found it and have it working again.

brobin

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2024, 09:44:16 PM »

Another user here PM'd me about problems he was having getting his P2 to reconnect after the recent server outage.  I provided the following steps and he's up and running again so I thought I'd post them here for all to see:

If closing the app, rebooting the phone and reopening the app doesn't work do the following:

1. Unplug the P2/G2 from everything - power, Ethernet and the PLM.
2. Wait 1 full minute and plug everything back in.  The IP address should show up in your router's connection list.
3. Open the app and see what's there.
4. If the P2/G2 isn't shown try adding it under devices by tapping the + button.
5. Wait 15 minutes.  It took almost that long for mine to reconnect and display the green dot after the outage.
6. Open the Alexa app, disable the Smartenit skill and then re-enable it.

Everything should come back just as it was but the other user has the IOS version of the app and found that he had to re-enter his devices. I don't know if that was unique to him or not.

SkipWX10

Re: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2024, 06:32:28 PM »

Hey @brobin do you know if the Smartenit servers went down again? Just got home and Alexa is asking me to run through the restart of the skill again...

brobin

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2024, 07:36:39 PM »

EDIT: I had to the same thing but server appears have remained up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:40:44 PM by brobin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.