Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module repair  (Read 2575 times)

jayem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Module repair
« on: March 12, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »

I have a Leviton 6319 module that has failed.  It is increasingly more difficult to find replacements  at a reasonable price so repair seems to be the best option.  Inspection revealed that the switch contact on the unit code wheel broke off and the trace that goes from the code wheel to pin 10 of IC F78567  is open.
I am hoping that by grounding the appropriate pins 10,11,12,13  on the IC that I can repair this module.  My question is which pins should be grounded to select unit code 2 and unit code 3?
Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Thank you
John

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Module repair
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 03:37:01 PM »

They're still available from X10: https://www.x10.com/x10-pro/in-wall-keypads.html

I still have some of those (both Leviton and X10) that are new or almost new.  PM me what you need.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 04:28:16 PM »

If the keypad is broken but the base is still good, perhaps you can just replace the broken part.  Be aware that there are 2 versions of the XPT and they are not compatible.  I think the difference is that the code wheel is small for the original version and larger for the new hardware (don't quote me on that though).  Also be aware that depending on the version and what type of controls you want, you might be able to find a Leviton variant.  I went with Leviton personally because they have an indication LED so I know when a light is on/off.  As a result, I can confirm that the Leviton keypad is compatible with X10 XPT for my HW level.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 07:14:41 PM »

Information on the older and newer XPT and differences in the front switch plates. As they are not interchangeable.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XPT_UPDATE

jayem

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »

They're still available from X10: https://www.x10.com/x10-pro/in-wall-keypads.html

I still have some of those (both Leviton and X10) that are new or almost new.  PM me what you need.

I would need an older model Leviton 6319-4D base module  They have an arrow in the address wheels. Contact me at jayem1@msn.com .
Thank you for your response.
John
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:30:58 AM by jayem »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 10:34:11 AM »

The odds of finding an old style base are relatively low unless you watch ebay for a while. I'd recommend getting a new style with the required button configuration.

Also, this being an open forum, I'd recommend avoiding posting phone number and email since there will certainly be bots scanning for these to add to lists for spammers. It may be too late, but at least remove the phone!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 11:50:58 AM »

I have both the old and new style available with various keypads to match.

jayem

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »

I have solved my problem by hardwiring IC. Unit code 2 connections  pin10 =0 pin 11=+,pin12=+ pin13=+
Thanks to the forum
John

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.