Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPS2 switch comes on on its own....why?  (Read 1614 times)

nabril15

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPS2 switch comes on on its own....why?
« on: March 01, 2022, 08:44:14 AM »

Good morning all
Long time no ask anything.

I have an XPS2 switch that powers my pool pump. As of late, at 10:50pm I'll hear the pump come on for no reason. I've checked and triple-checked my MT14 timer to make sure that number 5 or any other number is not programmed to come on at 10:50. Nothing is programmed to come ON at that time, and only a lamp module comes OFF at that time (#1).
I went to the XPS2 switch and turned the number dial up and down, as has been recommended in my previous posts, so as to loosen any dirt or anything.

What can be causing a "#5 ON" signal to be sent at that time?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: XPS2 switch comes on on its own....why?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 10:44:55 AM »

Find all of your controllers that could send a signal and disconnect them before the offending time.  If it still comes on, you have eliminated those as the likely cause.  If it stops, plug only half of those in the next day and see if it happens.  You can figure it out in a few days if the event is consistently occurring.  My guess is your timer for some reason because other controllers should not issue commands for no reason.

If you have a CM15A or other PLC controller that you can connect to AHP you can monitor traffic to see what's going on and determine if it's a one off or if you have random commands at other times on other HC/UC.  A XTBM or equivalent can also be useful.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 04:27:54 PM »

I agree with bkenobi that it's likely your timer particularly since you have a light programed to turn off at the same time.  If it proves to be the timer I'd unplug it, remove the batteries and set it up from scratch.

nabril15

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 10:07:19 PM »

Hello all
I regurgitate this thread because this phantom phenomenon continues.
The xps2 comes on at night on its own, and I only have the m14a controller.
Today, I changed the number from 5 to 8, just to change things up. On the xps2, I rotated the house code and number dials so as to loosen anything.
Minutes ago, I heard the pump on, not knowing how it came on.

What can I try next?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 12:53:25 AM »

Turn it off and then unplug the MT14A controller and leave it unplugged for 24 hours.  If the module stays off the entire time then you at least know the problem is in the controller rather than the module. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.