Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Program trigger not working  (Read 3245 times)

tsltrek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Program trigger not working
« on: September 11, 2022, 02:18:43 PM »

I am trying to trigger a program off the button press from a CR12A RF remote.  Pressing A16 Off is the trigger.
I captured the button press in HG in the trigger code tab.  It tends to work intermittently and I can see that HG is seeing the A16 Off code...but I can't get it to trigger consistently.  I have tried several combinations in the trigger code but nothing works.  Any idea how to accomplish this?

HomeGenie Version v1.3-stable.19
PiZero W
CM15a

https//ibb.co/hy44Lhp  <---add the : to see the screen capture, I don't have the ability to imbed images
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 02:34:31 PM by tsltrek »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Program trigger not working
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 08:16:51 PM »

If it’s working intermittently you need to investigate from the RF side of things. Sounds like a weak RF signal. Try plugging in a transceiver close to the CM15 and see what results you get. Try capturing the RF code again in HG and see if you are capturing a consistent code each time. Make sure the battery in your remote is in top condition too.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 06:38:15 AM »

That sounds like a good way to go.
If you are using the CM15A to receive the X10 RF commands.  A test with a Transceiver may give you more information. Some have seen poor RF reception on a CM15A and even posted modifications to improve the RF section.

If you always see the remotes button being activated but the controlled device does not always respond. You may have a phase coupling issue, power line noise, weak signal or a signal sucker.
Jeff has a great set of troubleshooting guides.
https://jvde.us/x10-troubleshooting/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:40:09 AM by Brian H »

tsltrek

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 06:43:37 PM »

Either I wasn't clear or I am misunderstanding.  I can see that HG is receiving the A16 Off from the remote (getting the flyout/popup on the web interface with RF Hex and Level). What is not happening is the wizard script is not executing on the trigger reliably.

In trying new batteries and another remote I found the issue.  Another button must be pressed between A16 Off button presses, I assume HG never resets and always sees A16 Off as true unless cleared by another command.

With the trigger set to "When condition evaluation returns true" the scripts runs non stop in a loop after pressing A16 Off...which tells me my assumption is correct.

Any ideas on how I can code a reset in the wizard script?
Thanks for the help so far.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 09:46:04 PM »

You did say it was an intermittent issue which led us to believe sometimes it worked when a button was pressed and sometimes it didn’t. You can see how we came to our conclusion.

Am I to assume the following

You press the remote button to run a program once. Is that correct. Could you lay the logic of the s script you have created so far. I assume you are using the script wizard. I thought this was an X10 issue not a Homegenie issue. That’s why I posted a reply here. You’d be better off posting this issue in the Homegenie forum. https://homegenie.club/

tsltrek

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 09:32:21 AM »

That site is inaccessible currently...hopefully just a temporary issue. I will post over there.
Thanks peterea.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 05:45:46 PM »

Yes and it’s been down for a couple days. I wouldn’t hold my breath on it coming back anytime soon either. Run your logic past me here and I’ll see if I can help. Nice and clear what you’re trying to achieve.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 05:48:18 PM »

You may also want to see if you can find anything in their main area.
https://homegenie.it/

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 11:34:19 PM »

That’s just the basic install instructions followed by the API documentation. The unfortunate thing is a lot of the documentation was very basic which many users found very hard to follow. The link you supplied bears no relation to the Homegenie forum. The application developer has never even contributed to it.

A lot of history probably best not even mentioned here. If the Homegenie forum doesn’t reappear we are discussing an alternative platform to host the discussion on. In the meantime if anyone is experiencing any difficulties with Homegenie just post here. As I requested above if the OP lays out the logic of his issue clearly I or @bekenobi can provide him with a working solution.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 06:30:43 AM »

Just to let you know the Homegenie forum has come back on line. If you haven’t already resolved your issue you can again post over there for a solution https://homegenie.club/

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.