Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monterey instruments macro modual ir  (Read 2890 times)

AMXoldhack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Monterey instruments macro modual ir
« on: January 08, 2023, 12:00:09 AM »

B:( I posted a message similar to this one last year. Still hoping to find one as a back up to the one that handles all the macros and code shifts in my extensive (over 100!) x10 modules in my house. There are many products out there that will do what I want but are loaded with tons of features I will never use. most demand a internet connection and all seem to need a computer to run.
My research has found a very few devices that are as simple to program as the Monterey instruments device but can't be found in any of my extensive searches.
three critical devices in my x10 setup:

XTBR and spare. couldn't handle the signal sucking load of 100+ x10 devices without it.
EZX10RF all house code RF receiver and spare.
and the MI macro module IR- no spare. only used to store x10 macros.
I'm currently considering stand alone devices that do not depend on a internet connection and can stand alone but have to have a computer
to program. home vision perhaps?
(with the ton of GUI pages that at my old age I'm starting to hate).

at my age my short term memory is starting to fail. I can't keep my focus long enough to do any complex programming any more. when I was growing up IR control was unheard of. the only devices then were TV's that used ultra sonic mechanical chimes to switch channels.  B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Monterey instruments macro modual ir
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 06:20:14 AM »

Can't help you with the device you are looking for.
I too can remember my Grandmothers TV with a remote. That hit a set of tuning forks to control it.  ::)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 12:38:40 PM »

Ah yes, the Zenith Space Commander! The original BSR X10 remotes didn't use chimes but were ultrasonic as well. I still have some that were working when I stopped using them.

AMXoldhack

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 08:08:45 PM »

B:(
Kinda ever gave up on finding the macro module IR.
did find a link to to Monterey pool products who at one time had a division called Monterey instruments, but all the phone #'s
were a dead end.
I'm keeping searches on Amazon & Ebay but in the meantime am considering devices that need a computer to program but can store macros and operate independently of the internet.
Why?
1. over 100 x10 devices currently in use with a 99% reliability.
The macro module only needs a simple x10 controller to program.
2. I'm retired. I'm in my later 60's and have no desire to have to learn a whole new piece of software.
3. I'm willing to set up one of my legacy computers (16 or 32 bit) for programming but only if I have to.
4. all I want to do is store macros so I can press one button. I've looked at the wm100 but seriously? only 32 modules available?
5. MONEY- fixed income. I got to admit there are wonderful advancements in home automation but in my case I found computers and especially the internet would drop the reliability to be much less reliable.
Currently considering a legacy Homevision set up and adding a few 2 way x10 modules.
Any advice on recommendations on what I want to do are welcome!  >!

guyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 09:47:02 AM »

I'm not sure exactly what features you're looking for or what you mean by wanting to avoid complex programming, but the Ocelot controller is a stand alone box that you program with a computer, and handles as much complex logic as you can possibly need. It also learns IR commands and can transmit them to control devices. I've been using the Ocelot for more than 20 years. Inexpensive, and very reliable.

AMXoldhack

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 11:07:08 PM »

>*<
Still hunting for a Macro Module IR made by Monterey instruments?. all searches to this date have been dead ends.
the one I have looks to be professionally built, possibly a production run of 100, 1000, or maybe 10k? Suspect offered to market but soon dropped due to consumer interest?
 :-\

AMXoldhack

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 11:09:32 AM »

B:( still looking

AMXoldhack

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 01:17:17 AM »

-:) Just picked up a pro PMC-10. I've been looking for this for two years. these thing are SCARCE to find. Tested for X 10 macros, works just fine. Purchased as a back up for my Macro Module IR made by Monterey Instruments. exact same product just different color casing.
PRO Macro Controller PMC-10 X-10 Code Transmitter Security & Home Automation
Now I finally have a back up for my three critical smart devices for my 80+ modules spread out over 12 house codes.
XTBR
EXZ10rf
X10 macro module
I've had x10 from from the late 70's? when BSR introduced to the market. The "skins" I put on top of it evolved over the years finally ended up with a AMX axcess system. color touch panels every where. Even piped the morning news cast on
them while getting ready to go to work. people have asked me why I just don't dedicate a PC with some GUI and use that?
I'm aging out out. After the 3rd time in twenty five years of lighting strikes blowing out most of the bus driver chips in my amx system I decided to retire it and simplify my life. MY AMX system had 5000 lines of code and to write a macro into it
(something like C code) got harder as my memory is failing as I age out.  A lot of x10 history and experience here I'm leaving out. For you more inclined techies and x10 hackers I even found hacks that even the Bartana web site never documented.
your welcome to reply and discuss X10 any time with me. here, face book, or even on cellphone. I eliminated all the biggest shortfalls of X10 many years ago.
With enough modules you can even build if/then and and/or circuits. Anyway, I'm content to be able to control any of the 256 modules from any controller set to any house code. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:37:34 PM by AMXoldhack »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 12:30:56 AM »

Glad you found one. Nice Christmas present for yourself!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.