Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smarthome AppliancLinc Differences  (Read 837 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Smarthome AppliancLinc Differences
« on: July 08, 2023, 11:11:48 AM »

Hey, Long time X10er but have been off the forum for a long time.

I have some PLC X10 only ApplianceLinc modules from the old Smarthome company. I have two seemingly identical Appliancelinc modules but with different model numbers:
2002STW3 and 2002SHL3.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the differences may be.

I have not opened them up to check for obvious differences, may do that later.

I usually message Brian H with Smarthome questions because he is pretty entrenched with X10/Insteon and is a Smarhome expert. But figured I would give him a break this round. He will see this anyway.

Also, unrelated; I am having a weird problem with the 202SHL3 unit. It forgets the X10 address instantly, if momentarily unplugged. So would become dumb during a power outage. Just curious if anyone else see Smarthome modules doing this.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 12:59:52 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Smarthome AppliancLinc Differences
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 12:59:08 PM »

Nevermind, I found the differences. FWIW the 2002STW3 is 2-WAY, the 2002SHL3 is not.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Smarthome AppliancLinc Differences
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »

I posted this as you indicated you found the differences.  :)

2002STW3 ApplianceLinc 2-way with ground pin. 
2002SHL3 ApplianceLinc with ground pin.
The 2002STW3  model has a power line transmitter in it. It can report its on off status. if queried or if manually turned on or off.
You would see a difference between the two models if you looked. I believe the base model doesn't have a tuned transformer in it. Just a coupling choke in two of the normally positioned transformer pads.

They are supposed to remember their programmed X10 address unless it was reprogrammed or a factory reset set it to the default A1.
Maybe power supply. Caps come to mind or the Set button looks like it is pushed and the power cycle factory resets it.
Long shot. The EEPROM that has the X10 data in it along with the on or off status. Maybe finally getting close to its rated. Erase rewrite specification.
I will look at one of mine now in storage and see how it acts.  2001SHL two pin or a 2002SHL3 three pin.

As expected. My programmed 2002SHL3 remembered its X10 address and On state. After a power cycle of maybe a 30 minute not powered period.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 05:41:30 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.