Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another X10/Alexa question  (Read 1389 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Another X10/Alexa question
« on: July 23, 2023, 11:41:09 AM »

I'm actually a little giddy as I've finally got Alexa running my X10 without a computer doing the lifting (broadlink RM to CM15).

Now I want x10 events to trigger Alexa.

Example: my doorbell was just a button connected to a powerflash the ran X10WavPlayer.  I'd like that to trigger a response on the echo devices.   Any ideas?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Another X10/Alexa question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 12:37:08 PM »

Check out the 'Notify Me' Alexa skill. Have a look at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Thomptronics-Notify-Me/dp/B07BB2FYFS

https://proteussensor.com/pub/media/manuals/Amazon-Alexa-Access-Code-Guide.pdf

I have a Eufy doorbell cam and it triggers Alexa to tell me when someone's at the door natively.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q2NGQL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 07:00:22 PM »

Triggering an Alexa responce to a X10 even is possible using routines. However I believe you'd need a computer or pi if you wish do do something X10 like you currently have with the power flash as the trigger. Unfortunately the Broadlink only transmits x10 :( 

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 07:34:23 AM »

I'm actually a little giddy as I've finally got Alexa running my X10 without a computer doing the lifting (broadlink RM to CM15).

Now I want x10 events to trigger Alexa.

Example: my doorbell was just a button connected to a powerflash the ran X10WavPlayer.  I'd like that to trigger a response on the echo devices.   Any ideas?
I've been thinking about this a bit more (at least the door bell ) Amazon use to sell a small button that could be used for ordering and such they no longer sell these but Alexa still supports them. However if you can find one on Ebay  you could replace your existing setup and use one with a routine.

I use to use TriggerCMD for X10 notifications however this requires a yearly subscription if you send a command more the once per min.  I ran it from my pi with HomeGenie.
I don't have this setup at my off grid place were I currently am so can't go into details as how exactly I had did it.
 At my off grid place I have a ring flood light camera (given to me) set above my front door this notifies me through Alexa at both locations that there is activity by the door.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 05:29:43 PM »

Today I played with Notify Me and  Voice Monkey.  Both use webhook to send the info to Alexa.
Voice Monkey is much more in line for what I think Knightrider is looking for. It certainly easier to use and the voice notification is spoken immediately.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.