Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Want to eliminate the battery ritual?  (Read 100665 times)

jclarkw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Want to eliminate the battery ritual?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »

Original CM15A is in the FCC Database.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm?calledFromFrame=N
I believe Dave Houston did some preliminary observations on the surface mounted version and  had posted a photo of the new layout. I understand the RF receiver and Transmitter are all now incorporated on the one large main board.

Brian -- I'm not finding anything like a 'board layout' (new or old), by which I mean which physical component corresponds to which U#, etc., on the schematic, although it would be most useful.  (On the old CM15A the two RF boards are easy to understand, but the motherboard not so much...)  Did anybody ever make anything like this for either version? -- jclarkw

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2016, 06:13:11 AM »

There is no such parts layout diagram as far as I have ever seen.

Parts List for the older model. U5 is a LM2931Z50.
I looked at one of mine.
Left of the power transformer near the edge of the case and the large filter capacitor. There is a TO92 voltage regulator. Mine is marked LM2931Z-5. Silk screened with an I for input, O for output and C for common.

The later Surface Mount CM15A is shown in this thread. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29278.0
Since Dave's web site was moved to a new server. I believe the link to the data maybe broken.
Anyway in the surface mounted version. Near the power transformer is a TO92 type device and the silk screen says "REG" Good bet that is the 5 volt regulator.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:05:37 AM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »

I've modified my post that Brian cited. It now includes the photo - rotated 90 degrees so it doesn't use so much vertical space.

Scroll right and you'll see the REG that Brian notes, above. It is just below the 470uF capacitor.

I'll be taking more photos later this week as I get a few CM15A2Z carrier boards assembled. I'll try to remember to get a picture of the other side of the newer CM15A PCB.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:04:57 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

jclarkw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »

I've modified my post that Brian cited. It now includes the photo... I'll try to remember to get a picture of the other side of the newer CM15A PCB.

Thanks, Dave!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.