Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 14962 times)


  • Guest
What do I need?
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:41:31 PM »

I have kids coming into my backyard and
going into my cars. I would like to know if
I can get motion activated lights which
would warn me with sound inside my house.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 12
Re: What do I need?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:53:10 PM »

I think that you can setup the FloodCam to
ring a chime. Alternatively you could use
the PR511 Floodlights to ring a chime in
your house.

Michael S.

  • Guest
Re: What do I need?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:33:17 PM »

You will need an ActiveEye motion detector,
a wireless transceiver module to receive the
Radio Frequency (RF) signal from the motion
detector, and either a lamp module for the
light, or a wall switch for the light,
depending on what controls your light now
(lamp module for plug-in lights, wall switch
module for lights with a wall switch. For
the sound, you will want the remote chime.

There is a kit on sale right now with
everything but the lamp control. Check it
out at:
The nice thing about the motion detector, is
it can also turn lights on at dusk, and off
at dawn, using a separate address from the
motion detector. That way, you can have
porch lights come on at dusk, and security
flood lights come on with the motion
If you are new to x10, I can get you a $15
discount on your first order. Send me an
email at, and I'll
arrange the discount for you.

Have fun!

Jeff T.

  • Guest
Re: What do I need?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 10:30:55 PM »

Adamsapple, you could just wait for the
little bas^%$#s with a baseball bat and
finish the deal right there. X10 is not
going to scare the punks away. Honestly,
it's time to open up a can of whoopass.
Logged | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 All rights reserved.