Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New X10 Protector Plus DS7000 Website!  (Read 16699 times)

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
New X10 Protector Plus DS7000 Website!
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:29:33 PM »

X10's working on a new website to serve your Protector Plus needs! But we need all the input from you we can get! Please take a look at www.x10securitysystems.com and give us your feedback!

Some questions to think about:
Would you like to shop at this site?
Do you like the look and feel of the design?
Is there more info you'd like to see us put there?
Would you like a forum on that site?
Is it easy enough to buy products and find what you're looking for?
Are the More Uses links helpful?
Is there anything we missed?

Answers to any of these questions as well as those you come up with on your own would be great! We want to make the system as easy to understand and use as possible.

Thanks,
X10 Security Systems Staff
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New X10 Protector Plus DS7000 Website!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:39:34 PM »

Yes I think a forum would be great. And would you please address the issue of the zone lights sticking and not always cycling off. A lot of us have posed this question but x10 has never responded. These issues matter to us and we would all appreciate a response. Thanks

Tcj

X10Securitysystems

• X10 Security Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:58:27 PM »

Thanks for your question about zone lights. There seem to be a couple of different causes of this problem. I'm working on a comprehensive answer, but for now the best I've gotten is that the sensors need to be cleared before you reset the system. I know it's frustrating to have to go back and walk in front of the motion detector, but as far as I can tell, that's how they're reset. Give me a day or two to play with the system and I'll see what can be done.

Please stay tuned to the FAQ page at X10SecuritySystems.com for more updates. This question is certainly on my radar, but I don't want to post an answer until I've collected all the troubleshooting answers.

Thanks for your patience!!!

Lyndsey
X10SecuritySystems.com

wood_electrons

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »

I'll vote "no thanks" on the new site. Another poorly laid out, garish, difficult to
navigate carnival site is not on my list of things to have to wade through.

Is this one going to be "Son of X10" or "FrankenX10"?

X10Securitysystems

• X10 Security Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:08:42 PM »

I'll take that as a plug for working on our navigation.

Thanks for your input!
 :)

X10SecuritySystems.com

tom j

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

Thanks Lyndsey, Thanks for looking into the problem with the zone lights not cycling properly. I only have this problem with one out of the four motion detectors I'm currently using. I'm just happy that someone is there that really cares and is at least trying to assist us. This is really a great system when it works and with a few fixes could be in many more homes in America, many many more. But there are some problems that really need to be addressed. On the positive side I'll have to give x10 a plug on this one my house was broken into a year ago last November but  my DS7000 did it's thing and the theifs got NOTHING!!! with the flashing lights three large powerhorns and an aftermarket outdoor siren my next door neighbor said before you could come over to investagate he some them running into the night. My whole house he said "CAME ALIVE" all my lights are x10 controlled so at night you can imagine it looks pretty impressive. Say Lyndsey could you please respond to the following questionhow does x10 define "Two Movements" on the MS10A's for sensitivity Thanks for your assistance.

Tcj

X10Securitysystems

• X10 Security Systems
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:43:29 PM »

Tcj,

From what I understand the zone light indicators stay on until someone acknowledges that the system went off in a certain area by either:

a) going to check on the offending zone and effectively walking in front of the motion detector

b) pushing any of the grey "lights off" keys on the handheld remote. Any of the grey keys on the right side should do the trick.

I think it was initially meant to be another security feature of the DS7000, but didn't get clearly articulated in the manual. By actually checking on the zone (or having police check the zone) you don't reset the alarm until you're sure the house is safe.

Hopefully this is the answer you were looking for. Thanks for your patience. I'll be sure to have this posted to the FAQ page so others don't have the same problem in the future.

Thanks go out to Eric Boyd in the Call Center for his help with this question. If you've got a question about Protector Plus, Eric always has the answer!

Lyndsey
X10SecuritySystems.com

tom j

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 11:53:31 PM »

Hi well actually the zones lights are suppose to cycle on and OFF if some one was to walk in front of a motion detector the light on the console is suppose to blink on and off briefly. What many of us have noticed is that sometimes it doesn't cycle off properly this is usually one zone that is the offender, it really gets tiresome if you're in a hurry to run in front of the offending motion protector to try to get it to cycle off if you don't you can't turn the DS7000 on because it sees a zone still open, we all find this extremely annoying. Here are just a few example of others experiencing the same or similar problems.  :'(  :'(

Tcj

I have a couple of questions about a DS7000.
I have 5 motion sensors and a few
door/window sensors hooked to it.  Every so
often one of the motion sensors will show
on/open.  For some reason the console did not
get the ?clear? from the sensor.  Maybe
because of two sensors transmitting at the
same time.  Any way,  How can I reset that
zone so I can set the alarm?  I have been
going down the stairs walking by that sensor
which it then sends a clear and all is good.
There has to be a way to clear this.

Second question, after an alarm how do I
clear the sensor that was triggered so I can
reset the alarm?

Thanks for the help.  Brad

Brad,
I also have the DS7000 and as I have read
the few times this has happened to me I
simply walk in front of them to trigger
them and that seems to do the trick.  To
reset the door/Window sensors I just push
the button inside the sensor for the
confirmation tone.  When I do this I don't
move anything on the base unit and this
seems to reconnect the signals.I think most
my issues have been from junk batteries so
far.  I have replaced nearly all of them so
far and I have only had the system for
about three months.  Other than the battery
issue I am content with the system
working.  I had a friend come in unaware of
my installation and it worked as intended.
I am having issues with my AHP and ther
iwitness add on.  I will figure it out as I
have with all the rest of my  x-10
installation.

nic, I still don't have a way to clear a
motion sensor that shows on.  I have tried to
get an answer from x10, no help.  I have to
still walk down the stairs in front of the
offending sensor to get it to clear before I
can set the alarm.  If you find an answer to
this please post it here.  Even if I have to
install a switch on the unit to clear this I
would.

Thanks Brad

I have the same issue.  Even walking in
front of it does not clear it even though
the sensor will flash its read light, it
doesn't clear on the DS7000.  POS.  Piece of
Sheeeat.

tom j

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

Tcj,

Thanks go out to Eric Boyd in the Call Center for his help with this question. If you've got a question about Protector Plus, Eric always has the answer!

Lyndsey

Lyndsey how do I get intouch with Eric phone, e-mail??  Thanks

Tcj

X10Securitysystems

• X10 Security Systems
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »

Tjc,

I can't give you a direct line to Eric, but any of our Customer Service agents should be able to answer your questions. You can call the Call Center for answers to these and other questions 24/7 at 888.455.5654 - OR Instant Message and Skype from our site.

ALSO, I did more digging into the zone light problem and found out the following:

Because only one of your motion detectors isn't cycling off your system may have programmed it as a door/window sensor instead of a motion detector. It's as though your system thinks a door is still "open" when the device isn't programmed to work that way.

You have two options:
In the short term, you can use the system's bypass function to bypass ONLY that one motion detector until the detector does cycle off. This would mean leaving that zone unprotected for spurts of time.

or

Reinstall your sensors. BUT. Start with the faulty motion detector and test it several times. Use the code button to on the back to generate a couple of different codes. After trying a couple of these codes, installing your motion detector and troubleshooting it your Control Console might recognize the device as a motion detector instead of a door/window sensor.

If not, especially because just this one motion detector is causing you trouble, please discuss an exchange with our CS department. If your motion detector is still under warranty we should exchange it for you without any problems.

It can be faster to reach a customer service rep using Skype than any other method. This only works if you have a microphone and speaker on your computer - You can also use Skype to instant message, but this takes a great deal of explanation. Our Instant messanger is faster.

Skype Directions:

*Open a new window
*Go to http://www.x10securitysystems.com
*Scroll to the bottom of the page
*Click the Skype "call me" button in the contacts bar (it's a blue logo)
*If you don't already have Skype, download it (it's free and takes a couple of seconds to download)
*If you do, it'll automatically call our CS team.

Otherwise instant message the team using our instant messanger. It's also free and faster than calling.

Explain the problem and ask about an exchange.

I'll keep looking for answers to the problem, but if your warranty is about to expire I'd do this.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 02:01:25 PM by X10Securitysystems »
X10SecuritySystems.com

tom j

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 10:37:54 PM »

Lyndsey

Hi got to find this guy really got some important questions could you try to locate an e-mail address or something. If he's as good as you say he might be able to address some problems I'm having. Thanks

Tcj

tom j

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:38:39 PM »

Say Lyndsey how about a little help I've spent a small fortune on x10 products. I bought that 8 pack of motion detectors a while back and the problem is that I can't get but one to really work in the 2 movement mode. For example when you enter a room should you be able to take say three average steps in then out with out the unit picking you up. How does x10 define two movements anyway, Got to get this resolved before I leave for a quick fun in the sun vacation. I get way to many false alarms on the 1 movement so the two is my only option. Thanks I need some help on this please.

Tcj

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »

It's a great idea to add a forum to the site. Specialized forums are a boon to those who take part.
Had it not been for the forms. I for one, would have returned my entire initial purchase and just said "To heck with it !".
But thanks to ( especially) BrianH  also Dan lawrence, Tuicemen and other members, I'm on my way to having a secure home and recliner control of the house.
So, yes. Let's have a forum on the site.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.