Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tech Support??????  (Read 35680 times)

jelester

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Tech Support??????
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:04 AM »

I bought the Active Home System with the myhouse module to be able to look at my home from work.  I do not have DSL and have to use a dial up connection.  My home computer will not answer and turn the modem on as it is supposed to in the Dial up section of my house.  I have it set to 2 rings and 2 minutes apart and to hang up after 30 minutes .  But no luck.  I talked to many of the x10 Pro people and they do not understan the problem.  This morning I tried one last time and got a support lady who proceded to tell me it was 5:30 on the west coast .  I believe they advertise 24/7 and it was 8:30 on the East Coast where I live.  The lady said she was hanging up because she could not help me.  Could some one out there give me some insight to this problem

jelester@mtinter.net
 ???

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Tech Support??????
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »

Can you try creating a macro that connects to the Internet and see if it works? That will help determine if the dial-up is able to connect on its own at all. Also, what brand/model modem do you have in your computer?

jelester

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

I have a BCm.V92 56 K Voice MOdem on Com 4.  I tried to make a macro dial up the modem but could not find the right Exe file to put in the Macro.

Thanks
Jelester

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:37:07 PM »

There's a command under "Advanced Functions" for "Dial-up Service" so you shouldn't have to enter a .exe to run. Your modem should support the AHP modem features just fine.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »

jelester : I believe there is another post here same situation maybe it was you maybe not! Do a search if not info there may help!
If not and it is the reason I thing it is then AHP will never connect from your office at least not that way! :'(  your not hearing the corect Number of rings at the office!
But fear not I have a solution!If you have callerid! ;)  because your using a voice modem  you'll be able to use my latest project posted int the thirdparty addons forums.
if you can make a macro to connect to the internet you can use the code for it with AlertDialerPlus  or you can set it up to start AHP as long as connect on startup is checked in AHP. 8) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jelester

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 07:11:46 AM »

I assume you are talking about the Advance button in the macro that reads Dial Up. I drug it to the Macro clicked on start and nothing happend.  I also have two line so I can stand by my computer and listen to the rings an make sure they only ring twice as I have set in the preferences..  Kepp sending me the information and I will try.

Thanks
Jerry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »

If you set AHP to connect on start up will it connect ?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jelester

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:31 AM »

No it will not connect.  I even checked the remote access in the services.  I have tried just about everything.  I really appreciate your help.  It acts just like something is still turned off.  I have had no trouble from the modem and able to connect to the Internet OK.  I have even tried the dial up in the macro part of the program. 

Thanks Jerry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »

Ok It's been awhile since I've used dial-up!
It appears AHP isn't seeing the correct conection method.  ::)
Open AHP then go to configuration then go to Dial-up scroll down to  windows configuration click on internet options make sure that the always dial my default connection is checked. make sure your dial-up connection is displayed in the Dial-up and virtual private network settings and that it has the "(default)" tag asigned to it.
If it doesn't have the (Default) beside it highlight it and click Set Default. If it doesn't appear at all in the Dial-up and virtual private network settings you'll have to add it and set it to default.
Hope that helps! ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jelester

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:45:32 PM »

Tuicemen I don`t know if you work for X10 or not If you don`t than you should.  I have talked to ManyX10  PROS on line and over the telephone and no one could find the problem but you did.  The fix was in the Dial Up Page.  I was not scrolling down far enought to see the internet options.  I checked allways dial my connection and everything worked fine again I thank you.

Jerry M Lester

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 10:48:37 PM »

Hey just glad your up and running! ;) ;D
And nope I don't work for them! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »

Tuicemen

After reading your answers to others problems, am sure you can help me as well. I purchesed lot of stuff from x10. Some of it works well and other not so well. but I keep trying. I would like to set up AHP so that it will connect to my email. I have DSL. Also I would like to see the cameras and control other devices from the web. Could you please walk me through the steps. I know it might be asking for too much of your time but I will truly appreciate any help.
thanks. IPS

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 06:06:27 PM »

IPS:
Thanks for your vote of confidence! ;) :D ;D
Sorry for the slow reply I just returned from a week in the woods! ;)
Once you have all your  plug-ins you wish to use (EG: iWitness & MyHouse you need these at least) installed

• Go into "Preferences" under "Tools" and set up your settings for your cams
  • Then go into "User Configuration" under "MyHouse" and setup user privileges|_.
  • Then set up your email in "E-mail Configuration" under "MyHouse"
You may need to play with your router settings if your behind one as well as fire wall settings both these will vary with the brand your using!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.