Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PLEASE Help with VCR Commander / Wireless Cameras  (Read 29796 times)

immyfish

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: PLEASE Help with VCR Commander / Wireless Cameras
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »

OK, as I remember you must, at some point, push the final programming button TWICE. Or you must press SOMETHING again to finish programming. This was counter intuitive but IS in the latest directions, but I think it was on a line that was continued next paragraph or something.

So following directions EXACTLY works, and I, for one, thought for 100 times that I HAD followed the directions. I hadn't.

Thanks for the input. Here are the latest (?) directions from the WIKI http://www.x10.com/instructions/tech_ux23a.htm
Setup
Initial Configuration

Detach the IR emitter cable.

Attach the D9100 to the UX23A and plug into a standard AC receptacle. You may also insert 4 “C” size batteries if desired.
Programming the IR Codes

You will require your existing VCR remote control to perform the following steps.

Push and hold the RECORD button on the UX23A until the LED on the UX23A illuminates.

Release the RECORD button on the UX23A, then quickly push and release the same “Record” button one time. The UX23A will begin beeping and the LED will flash approximately seven times then remain solid. Note: Do not wait more than five seconds between steps 2 and 4.

Position your VCR's remote control no more than an inch away from the clear, IR target located on the back of the UX23A.

Aim the remote at the Infrared target and hold the RECORD button on your VCR's remote. You will hear one beep, and the LED on the UX23A will go out and immediately come back on.

Press and release the “Stop” button on the UX23A. The UX23A will begin beeping and the LED will flash approximately seven times and remain solid. Note: Do not wait more than five seconds between steps 5 and 7.

Position your VCR's remote control no more than an inch away from the clear, IR target located on the back of the UX23A

Aim the remote at the Infrared target and hold the STOP button on your VCR's remote. You will hear one beep, and the LED on the UX23A will go out and immediately come back on.

Allow the UX23A to time out. This will take approximately ten seconds. The IR programming of your UX23A is complete.
Programming the Radio Frequency* (Motion Sensor) Codes

Program each Motion Sensor to the desired House/Unit code. Click here for more detailed instructions on Motions Sensors.

Push and hold the “Play” button on the UX23A until the LED on the UX23A illuminates.

Push and release the “House/On” button on your first Motion Sensor. You will hear one beep and the LED on the UX23A will go out.

Program the remaining three Motion Sensors by following steps 2 and 3 for each Motion Sensor.

While they are more complete than the directions that came with my unit last week, they don't say anything about a Final button push - only that you should wait ten seconds. 
Does anyone REALLY know how this stuff works? Do you think an X10 employee could even set my VCR Commander up by following the provided instructions?  I doubt it. More mind-blowing ineptitude from X10
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.