bad
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: AHP  (Read 35217 times)

J Lawson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP
« on: March 17, 2006, 08:10:12 PM »

please tell me what I can do to get my motion detector activate macros,I get no response in the activity monitor,the motion detector is approx 50ft away from the pc interface.I am about to give up on X10.I installed a smart RF repeater and still don't work,tech guy said I have a bad repeater,I also tried a transceiver TM751 it also don't extent RF range.Is this system designed for small homes,whats the deal man.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: AHP
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

Do you have a remote control that you can set to the same address as your motion sensor that you can test with? If you bring the remote near the computer and press buttons on it, do you see commands show up in Activity Monitor? Can you trigger macros with the remote close to the PC?

J Lawson

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

yes,it works fine until i put it by the front door,so i added a tm751 midway between cm15a and the active eye,now it triggers my macro but then ahp shows an error message and shuts down every time.i cannot even record.also i cannot delet stills.i have spent lots on money and time on this setup,i relly want to reao some benifits.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:54:22 PM »

J Lawson : have you configured the TM751 correctly in AHP(set as a Transciever)? If you just added it to your system and never told AHP it will cause all kinds of problems
As for you poll I'm not sure what your asking? ??? I have no problem with either! ::) Just one of the Lucky ones! ;) :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 01:56:33 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

J Lawson

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 04:04:53 PM »

how do I set the TM751 as a transceiver in AHP.Thanks for any help,I'm just frustrated at this point,I just turned the system off and told my wife I just wasted $400.00 and lots of time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »

To set the tm751 as a transciever add a new module, in the screen that pops up name the module what ever you want select appliance module then scroll down to transciever module for the module option  add the housecode it is on and the room it is in click ok .
AHP should then auto configure your transcied house codes corectly. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

J Lawson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »

HEY,thanks a lot for showing me that,I work on Honda's for a living,I'm not much with computers.This surely helps.thanks again

jelester

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 06:29:05 AM »

Tuiece,em it looke like you have a lot of greatIdeas along with helping me fix the dialup I read than about the transiever modules and adding them to AHP.  I did that just a few minutes ago I put three of them in the AHP A.b.C.  I have had these for years what benefits shoud I see. I hope better range.  I was reading theother day about hooking up a reciever to a transmitter both on the same code and it would help the range.  What do you Thank?

Jerry Lester

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »

There are a few benifits from using an other transciever better range is one, some transcievers are better then others (more polite,tm751 aren't polite)
Overcoming phase problems is another,Placing a tranciever on a phase that you couldn't otherwise control will help ( a phase coupler is a better solution)
A far as hooking a reciever and transmiter on the same house code thats what a tm751 is(only one house code) as is the cm15a and a few other transcievers, they probly cost less then adding 2 units!(But if you already have them they would work the same! I assume) ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

On the phase-coupler topic...  I added a phase-coupler from SmartHomes yesterday.  Did absolutely nothing for me.  I ordered one with a repeater, and am able to watch the pretty lights turn on when a command is issued, but still can't access the phase my CM15 isn't on without using a TM751.

Maybe I have a bad coupler?  Maybe... I don't know.  I'm starting to have my confidence shaken a bit in the X10 world.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »

bmize13 :
sounds like you haven't set your trancieved house codes or they have been reset with an update go to tools then click on harware configuration in there make sure the radio button is checked for auto or specific and that you house codes other then the one that the tm751 are on are checked then save and upload to the interface!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »

bmize13 :
sounds like you haven't set your trancieved house codes or they have been reset with an update go to tools then click on harware configuration in there make sure the radio button is checked for auto or specific and that you house codes other then the one that the tm751 are on are checked then save and upload to the interface!

I did... All was set properly.  I added yesterday a V572AB Whole House Transceiver, and that seems to have cleared up all of my issues.  I have been able to move all modules to the same house code, and everything is working like a champ.

I'd certainly recommend this to anyone who is having similar type problems.  I now have zero additional transceivers in the house (except the CM15A), and am able to do far more with this than I would have thought possible just a few days ago.

For anyone interested:  The best price I found on the V572AB was at AutomatedOutlet.com

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.