Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Platinum Remote  (Read 9694 times)

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
AHP Platinum Remote
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »

I've installed AHP in my home over the weekend, and am having much fun playing with it!  For the most part, everything works like it should.  I press a button, a light goes off... Another button, and another light.  BUT, most of my lights are working off of a transceiver rather than the USB AHP interface.  If I sit at my computer (upstairs) and select a macro (DIM BEDROOM LIGHTS, for example), everything works like a champ.  I go downstairs, look in the bedroom, and I see two lamps on either side of my bed dimmed perfectly.  If I sit in my bedroom, I can easily turn the lights on and off... BUT, I can run the macro from the bedroom.  Which leaves me with a few questions:

1.  Will the transceiver (TM 751) transfer the signal (A1 for this particular macro) to the AHP Interface, triggering the macro?  Or does the macro have to be triggered directly by the remote control?

2.  I have a couple of lights in the living room (also downstairs) that seem to work once in a while from the AHP Interface located upstairs... though they turn on and off consistently and perfectly from the transceiver located downstairs.  Is it possible that a coupler-repeater will fix this?  I've ordered one and plan on installing it this week.

3.  Is there any way to increase the range of the platinum remote?

4.  Last question:  I was going to order Smart Macros, and saw that I could order another 6-piece AHP setup that included Smart Macros, IWitness, MyHouse, and other software for only $20 more.  Can I put the other AHP Interface to work?  If so, should it be on a different house code?

Sorry for so many questions... I am new to this, but I'm loving it!

bmize13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: AHP Platinum Remote
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:12:07 PM »

I've installed AHP in my home over the weekend, and am having much fun playing with it!  For the most part, everything works like it should.  I press a button, a light goes off... Another button, and another light.  BUT, most of my lights are working off of a transceiver rather than the USB AHP interface.  If I sit at my computer (upstairs) and select a macro (DIM BEDROOM LIGHTS, for example), everything works like a champ.  I go downstairs, look in the bedroom, and I see two lamps on either side of my bed dimmed perfectly.  If I sit in my bedroom, I can easily turn the lights on and off... BUT, I can run the macro from the bedroom.  Which leaves me with a few questions:

1.  Will the transceiver (TM 751) transfer the signal (A1 for this particular macro) to the AHP Interface, triggering the macro?  Or does the macro have to be triggered directly by the remote control?

2.  I have a couple of lights in the living room (also downstairs) that seem to work once in a while from the AHP Interface located upstairs... though they turn on and off consistently and perfectly from the transceiver located downstairs.  Is it possible that a coupler-repeater will fix this?  I've ordered one and plan on installing it this week.

3.  Is there any way to increase the range of the platinum remote?

4.  Last question:  I was going to order Smart Macros, and saw that I could order another 6-piece AHP setup that included Smart Macros, IWitness, MyHouse, and other software for only $20 more.  Can I put the other AHP Interface to work?  If so, should it be on a different house code?

Sorry for so many questions... I am new to this, but I'm loving it!

As I work through this, I thought I might post some answers I come up with...

The distance the remote works appears to be fine.  Having multiple transceivers on the line does seem to corrupt the signal somewhat rather than attenuate it.  I suspect the coupler/repeater that I've ordered will solve that dilemma quite nicely.

The lights in my Living Room were solved by setting them to a different house code, placing a transceiver on the same house code in the room (on the same phase), and having AHP issue RF commands.  This works quite nicely so far.

The bedroom light isse was solved by removing all other transceivers that were operating on the same house code.  Now, I press the appropriate button and voila! A bedroom perfectly dimmed!

Bottom line:  Much of this is easier than I was trying to make it.  I did sit through a training powerpoint I found on X10pro.com.  That helped me understand the technology a bit better and gave me several starting points tonight.  I'm going to have some equipment I won't need in another day or so, but... maybe it'll come in handy sometime!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »

You can't have two transcivers on the same housecode. They get confused as to which one's transmiting. I had two, one in the living room and one in the kiitchen. The modules in the kitchen would not properly respond until I put the kitchen on a different housecode.  Presto!!! both trancievers work prefectly.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:25:11 AM »

bmize13  as Dan Lawrence  stated and you discovered ;) you can't setup 2 transcievers on the same house code. But you can use mutiple ones in your setup in order to configure them with AHP take a look at this Link
There are benifits in using them!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.