Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sudden loss of range  (Read 16154 times)

dvk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sudden loss of range
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:55:58 PM »

I have a RS 49-2551 which worked fine for 5 years, then a couple of weeks ago the sensors furthest from the console showed trouble, then eventually all stopped except for the door sensor 10 feet from the console.

So I thought the console had finally died, so ordered a new DS7000 which arrived today - unfortunately same problem. I assume it is some kind of interference, but nothing comes to mind that would interfere with the 310 Mhz signal.

Any ideas, or other types of devices that would cause the signal to become so poor?

Thanks,

Dave

dvk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Sudden loss of range
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »

As a last resort yesterday, I pulled the batteries completely out of all the sensors as well as the console (and unplugged it) and left them for 6 hours. At 9:30 last evening I fired the console up again, and to my amazement I was able to install all the sensors.

Since I was using a new console (the old one wasn't broken after all) I can only surmise that the nearest door/window sensor was causing the problem and that to really 'clear' the sensor you need to pull the batteries for a few hours.

Or if there was interference it has stopped!

I am still happy with the X10 equipment, this is really the only problem I've had in 5 years.

Dave

X10Securitysystems

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
    • X10 Security Systems
Re: Sudden loss of range
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:41:28 PM »

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear that you solved your situation. Hopefully others will benefit from your knowledge. Thanks for using the forum. If you wanted to, you could run the old console you had as well to solve any other security concern of yours. We have specials on individual components here....http://www.x10securitysystems.com/search.html and other ideas for using the system here...http://www.x10securitysystems.com/more_uses.html.

Thanks Again,

x10securityteam
X10 Security Systems Advisor
X10SecuritySystems.com

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.