Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clue?  (Read 44012 times)

RebHawk

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Clue?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »

It's not necessarily increased life with the rechargables on a given charge, it's the cost of replacing 90 batteries once a year.  I'd rather recharge and cycle them through the sensors....  These sensors haven't been up long enough to know how long a set of AAs or AAAs will last, though.

Regards,
--Lee

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »

Well for this or whatever other rechargeable applications you may have, I highly recommend www.all-battery.com. For longest battery charge life I recommend you get chargers that can charge each cell based on its own individual need. i.e. Chargers that don't require the batteries to be charged in pairs.

As far as battery cost is concerned, the last 100 pack of AA alkaline batteries I purchased was marked $19.99 but I think it was on sale for less. For me that's a small price to pay to avoid reprogramming the MS14As every month or so when I had to change rechargeable batteries. (As I mentioned before, in my application the alkaline batteries in my sensors rarely need changing.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:51:12 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

RebHawk

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 08:40:36 PM »

It's been a couple of months since I started using the rechargables.  I'll let you know when I have to start re-charging...  And All-Battery (via eBay) is in fact who I bought my chargers and batteries from...

Regards,
--Lee
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:43:04 PM by RebHawk »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »

Get on their email list! They run e specials all the time.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

about batteries...

I have been testing this...  so far, I found that a Duracell 1.54volt battery will last about 1 year...  but could drop in voltage with cold weather and fail.

since then...  I bought the energizer E2 (lasts 7times longer) and found that they are 1.87volts. I wanted to see how long they would last, and WOW...  I cant remember when I put them in now 2.4 years so far and not one failure.

I posted here somewhere (ill have to find it) that said when I installed the batteries, either 2005 or 2006.

still waiting for the final death of one of these batteries.

btw, last year we had record cold temp. snow and wind. everything worked good, even my exposed pieces.

so, next battery death I will replace one with the rechargeable E2 batteries and see how many volts and the time they last.

EDIT:  Confirmed just over 2years on E2 batteries, btw...  I also have animals that trigger motion lots... batteries are well used :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:28:24 PM by Mystyx »
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

I have an Heathkit outside floodlamp with integral sensor which I bought as a kit in 1982 for $150 when the sensor technology was new.  It has worked unfailingly since then with it's only fault being set off by cats, atlthough it is mounted 9' off the ground. I wish I could tie it into the X-10 system.
Paul is this the Heathkit motion detector / flood light with the "new" voice synthezizer that would holler "YOU ARE IN A RESTRICTED AREA...LEAVE IMMEDIATLY" That thing was sooo cool.
Anywho (a midwest transitional term) I interfaced mine using a X10 "Powerflash" module. Even if not the same unit, my unit used a relay to turn on the lights. Does yours? It would be easy to interface if it does.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:18:12 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.