Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moonlight Macro  (Read 12950 times)

djultra

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Moonlight Macro
« on: March 31, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »

I use X10 to crontrol my saltwater reef aquarium. I wish X10 had a macro that would control a dimmer module to follow the lunar cycle. This would control my moonlights on my aquaruim making it more realistic and better for the corals.

Serverboy

Re: Moonlight Macro
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »

I use X10 to crontrol my saltwater reef aquarium. I wish X10 had a macro that would control a dimmer module to follow the lunar cycle. This would control my moonlights on my aquaruim making it more realistic and better for the corals.

Did you ever devise a macro to control your moonlights in the aquarium? I would be interested in this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:20:56 PM »

If you get the newest version of X10dispatcher you can do this! ;)
Go to options then schedules! Since the moon is on a 30 day cycle you set up a
l macro to run every 30 days start date April 2 for a full moon!  You can set up a schedule for other times in the moons phase just have the start time the time of the moon Phase you wish to replicate! ;) :D ;D
Depending on what you what to do for each phase you'll need to create dispatch macros for each phase then add it in the macro to run !
Hope this works for you!
If you need more details as how post exactly what you want to do! ;) :D ;D
The dispatch macro can be as simple as send a powerline command which could trigger an AHP macro.
Or do what the AHP macro would do with some exceptions (eg can't take video)
Cheers
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Serverboy

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 10:47:19 PM »

What I want to do is.... I have a 150 tank that I have x10 controls for my PC's in dusk to dawn... I have a strip of LED's that I want to time the brightness to the moon phase. Ie Apr 2nd is a full moon... and basicly dim them down for what 15 days... then increase the intensity back to a full moon again..

thanks

SB

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »

OK here is my initial thoughts:
  • Make 15 macros in dispatcher macro which turn on the light at a level of brightness

• 1 more to turn off that light.

• Then in the scheduler create 58 schedules (I think 1 off 1 on for each day of the moons cycle) 

• Then place the  macros in the scheduler so that when 1 is triggered the off is triggered afterwards at the proper time.

• Work your way from full on to dimmest on the 15th day then from the dimmest back up to the 99% brightness  since day 1 and 30 are the same

• [/color][/b]
    It may take a little playing to get it just right! ;) X10dispatcher will need to be running full time minimized, but AHP doesn't need to be running!
    Once you get the initial setup created post any problems and I'll try to walk you through! You can also E-mail Dave (x10dispatch) and He may be able to help you through any problems! He may even create a moon cycle option if you can convince him your not the only one looking for this! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.