Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Everything has suddenly stopped working.... AHP  (Read 9367 times)

bishop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Everything has suddenly stopped working.... AHP
« on: April 12, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »

I was one of those people that with the help of this forum, has had everything running exactly the way I wanted it. I have a 4 camera system on AHP, with MyHouse, and a macro that switches the cameras and restarts the switching every 15 minutes.

This is in an industrial/commercial setting. Last week, we ran out of power... meaning our old wiring and circuts had to be replaced with a new system. After switching over to the new main power system and sub boxes, my cameras no longer switch. Does anyone have any ideas ? Also does plugging a TM751 into the system somewhere have an effect. I had one plugged in for a while and it seemed to switch between two cameras at least. I am welcome to any input at all. THere are creapy guys hanging out on my second story and I would really like to catch them. But that is just not the camera that works at the moment.

Bish

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Everything has suddenly stopped working.... AHP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »

I don't have any experience with X10 cameras, but I think the switchable powersupply uses a powerline signal.  When they redid you wiring, they probably arrange the circuits so that the CM15A is on a different phase than the cameras.  What you probably need is a phase coupler or a coupler/repeater.

Does your facility use 2 or 3 phase power?  The choice of phase coupler is dependent on that.  Also, how many square feet is your facility?

bishop

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:39:51 PM »

I beleive we are 3 phase, can you point me in the direction of the coupler/repeater. Our facility is about 10,000 sq/ft and everything was working great before the switchover.

Bishop

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

No problem.  For a North American 3-phase building I would reccomend the ACT 3 Phase Coupler/Repeater (CR-134).  At $150 it isn't cheap, but from what I gather it works very well.  Besides, there aren't very many other 3-phase options.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »

Also does plugging a TM751 into the system somewhere have an effect. I had one plugged in for a while and it seemed to switch between two cameras at least.
Bish
A TM751 will have an effect as you noticed! I use this method to use my cams but only have 2 phases and isn't the best solution as the tm751 isn't polite. What roger1818 suggested is the best way to go. It looks like the cm15a is on one phase two cams on another and the third cam on the last phase.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.