Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP was working but not now!  (Read 5753 times)

tridgley

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP was working but not now!
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

I have a 751 transciever in a new house that I am building and everything was working just fine. Mainly controlling decorator wall switches and lamp modules. This week nothing is controllable by remote. I brought the transceiver to my other house and it works just fine but will not work at the original house. No changes were made in the wiring of the home and I am stumped. Any suggestions. It doesn't matter what outlet it is plugged into, it has no effect.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP was working but not now!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

Not sure why your using a TM751 with AHP. ???
You need the CM15A to use AHP If you have this at your new house as well maybe that is the problem try switching them. The tm751 is work as you've proven. If switching the CM15a has no efect then it is the software (probly in the configuration).
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »

I have a 751 transciever in a new house that I am building and everything was working just fine. Mainly controlling decorator wall switches and lamp modules. This week nothing is controllable by remote. I brought the transceiver to my other house and it works just fine but will not work at the original house. No changes were made in the wiring of the home and I am stumped. Any suggestions. It doesn't matter what outlet it is plugged into, it has no effect.

A TM751 is the simplest of X10's trancievers. It cannot be used with AHP to control anything. As Tuicemen said, the tm751 is work as you've proven.

The remote you were unsing could control it, but adding AHP without the CM15A screwed it up.

Best thing to do: Get the CM15A, delete the AHP you have now and all files it created.  Install AHP and the CM15A and go from there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tridgley

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »

OK, my mistake. I am using the CM15A. As I said it was working and now has stopped working in the new house but does work in my other house with the same modules in each house and the same remote. Addresses for all switches have not been changed. Why would it work in one house and not the other, especially when it was working in both locations up until a week ago? Batteries in both units were changed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »

You may have a corrupt ahx file in your AHP at your new house.
Can you put a module on the same breaker? Has the breaker been tripped? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.