Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: forum inquiry  (Read 7042 times)

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
forum inquiry
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »

1) Does anyone have AHP and the 4 plugins that go with up and running correctly??? (cameras recording properly, with time and date stamps, appliances turning on, and off when directed???????????????????

2) Is it possible that I can get enough 'HELP' through this forum, that I can correct my misguidings and mistakes. That I too can operate correctly???

I did just learn that for things in AHP to operate, my pc must not go to the "save power" mode. The pc must remain at full power to operate comeras to record. Right???

Thanks for the concern and reply... Budwah
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: forum inquiry
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »

There are a number of us that have all the plugins with AHP and many willing to share their experiances so Getting up and running the way you want is possible.
I don't use the time stamp thingy for the cams and only use the autostills feature but others on here use it to capture video and use the time stamp. I think there are issues with the time stamp that still need to be worked out maybe with the next update. So the answer to both questions is yes But be prepared to spend some time, chances of somone running the system exactly the way you are is slim. You may have to take a combination of users setups, add them together to get what your looking to do working! Start with baby steps there is a learning curve! ;) :) Post exactly what your trying to do and the steps you've taken, what works and what doesn't!
You'll get some replies that sound totaly off the wall but check them out strange things happen! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:40:08 PM »

Start with baby steps there is a learning curve!

I totally agree!  Home automation isn't something that you can jump in with no experience and expect to be able to do everything you want at once.  Start off trying to do something simple (like turning lights on and off with a timer) and gradually make things more complex.

Post exactly what your trying to do and the steps you've taken, what works and what doesn't!

Also good advice.  Explain your exact setup, your experience level and what you are trying to accomplish.  Saying something like "I wrote a macro and it doesn't work properly" doesn't give us enough information.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »

...Post exactly what your trying to do and the steps you've taken, what works and what doesn't!
You'll get some replies that sound totaly off the wall but check them out strange things happen!
Very true!
Getting things to work the way you want with AHP can be a challenge at times but the system is a bargin for what it can do with it!
These forums are a great resource. Try searching them. A lot of times what you're trying to do has already been done and you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Feel free to answer questions also.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

BudWah

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:15:17 PM »

Thanks for the replies* * * My level... I guess I'm your typical Idiot, as in that, I know just enough to get myself into trouble... My camera's ability to record is my first step and the main reason for my x10 purchase's.

I can pan my 'ninjas', but even with fresh batteries in my sensor there doesn't seem to be recordings. I am also having problems getting the 'presets' to move the camera(s). When I go to 'stored media' the calendar has 'green highlighted' for a few dates out of the month,  I can't seem to change the date or month??? I have been checking the box that say's 'single day only'

I can turn the lights on and off on my 'dual floods', although they have a mind all their own when it's time to turning off. I need them active day, and night.(2 sets of floods covering my back yard'). I can understand them turning on all the time(2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 bunnies) but I usually have to use a remote or the pc to turn either one of them off. They are adjusted all the way down to turn off.

Again all I really need , eventhough I have all 4 plugins, are my cameras to record...
If I could please get some kind of info on what I did or didn't switch or click to start recording???

Thanks for the responce's ... Budwah
Learn To Live / Live To Learn

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.