Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Queryplc <x10 address> only reports 0  (Read 8285 times)

hkactive

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Queryplc <x10 address> only reports 0
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »

Hi:

I'm Using VB6 and the ActiveHome control

<ActiveHome1.SendAction "sendplc", "p1 on" >  Turns the light on flawlessly.
<ActiveHome1.SendAction "sendplc", "p1 off" >  Turns the light off flawlessly.

To use the query command I'm doing the following:

Private Sub Command3_Click()
Dim lngOnStatus As Long

lngOnStatus = ActiveHome1.SendAction("queryplc", "p1 on")

Select Case lngOnStatus
Case 0
    Text1 = "False"
Case 1
    Text1 = "True"
Case -1
    Text1 = "Unknown"
End Select
End Sub

Doesn't matter whether the light is on or off. I always receive the same report: False.

Am I using the right commands to establish the query result?

Thanks,

Hank

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
Re: Queryplc <x10 address> only reports 0
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:00:59 AM »

"querplc" does not work!
Known problem,  I don't think X10 as ever acknowledge though.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

hkactive

Bug report: queryplc "<x10 address> on"
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 08:07:28 PM »

Okay. This is an official bug report.

Active Home: queryplc does not work as advertised.

Checking Status
The X10 device service keeps track of the status of modules in the system by logging incoming and outgoing commands. You can ask the X10 service the status of any address by using the "queryplc" parameter of the SendAction function. There are two kinds of status to check:

On status: <X10 address> on
Dim level: <X10 address> dim
Specifying the "on" parameter returns 0 if off, 1 if on. Dim returns the dim level as a percentage of full brightness.. Both functions return -1 if the current status is not known.

Please let us know when this bug is fixed or change your documentation. This is misleading.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »

Althought there is a curent bug in the querryplc You also need a two-way module for it to work! Others have this working while still others can't get it to work! ??? :-\ ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hkactive

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:25:42 PM »

Well, then I'm confused. Isn't the CM15A a two-way module. In other words, why would X10 give us documentation for the CM15A to use <queryplc>, if the CM15A weren't able to respond as a 2 way module.

Actually, I have gotten responses of -1 (unknown). I don't think I could  have received a 0 response if the <queryplc> were not receiving a response from the CM15A.

I was under the impression that the CM15A recorded the "on" commands in memory for each memory in the CM15A itself. This memory was supposed to be used for the <queryplc> command to send back a response to the supplied X10 controls.

Currently, I'm not using any batteries. Does the CM15A require batteries to store this information?
I guess I should put some batteries in to find out.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 10:58:07 PM »

The cm15a is a send/receive  but not all modules are, if the cm15a sends a querry to a 2way device the other device will report back its state. you will not get a true state if the other device isn't 2-way. I've recieved 0 &-1 from none 2-way But I have not 2-way to actualy play with this as I don't have a need
You don't need the batteries for this according to documentation batteries are for the clock only.
AHP will show the status of a unit in the program but if it has been turned off locally and isn't a 2-way it will show in blue status it thinks it is.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hkactive

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »

Well, I'm sending signals to an AM466. That must be a 1 way module: receive only.

I was going to say there was a problem with the hardware: the  CM15A. I don't really see how the software could mess up. It's pretty basic: either the device is on or it's off.

But the question really is: What are the 2-way devices that will send back a state for the CM15A to record? I'd like to test it out to see how it works.

Thanks,

Hank

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:06:22 PM by hkactive »

hkactive

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »

Ok. I found the documentation in the ActiveHome Pro owner's manual. Here it is:

Two-way modules
In addition to receiving commands and turning on and off, some X10 modules can send information back to ActiveHomePro. These Two-way modules (model LM14A Lamp Module and AM14A and AM15A appliance modules, plus some models from other manufacturers), will have a Poll button on them. When you click Poll, Active Home Pro asks the module its status, and updates the screen with the new information."

This documentation refers, however, to the ActiveHome Pro software. But I assume the SDK information is correct and that the <queryplc> will report the correct response, if the user has an LM14A, AM14A, or AM15A module.

Looks like everything is working, software and hardware.

But it would have been nice to see this information in the "Checking Status" section of the SDK documentation.

Hank

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »

Althought there is a curent bug in the querryplc You also need a two-way module for it to work! Others have this working while still others can't get it to work! ??? :-\ ???

I am not sure if this is true or not.  Back when querryplc worked, I thought it used the status that the software remembered instead of sending a status request (I did a search in the forum and only found Reading TempLinc temperature codes?, which was written by me so that doesn't prove much  ;)).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:09:10 AM »

roger1818
 I thing those that have it working are using the older SDK I may be wrong as well! ::) ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.