Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitored HC won't change!  (Read 20894 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Monitored HC won't change!
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:40:13 PM »

For some misguided reason I originally set up AHP to monitor HC "M" where most of my macros are. Now that I've returned to my senses, I want to change it to HC "C" where most of my lights and appliances are.

Regardless of what I've tried, I cannot get it to stay changed from monitored HC "M".
* If it matters, I believe I have more macros with HC "M" than items in HC "C".

Some of the tests I've tried are below.

Test 1

1. Tools / Hardware Configuration
2. Changed monitored HC from "M" to "C"
3. Selected Update Interface
4. Tools / Hardware Configuration and verified that HC was "C".
5. Hit Cancel
6. Tools / Hardware Configuration and monitored HC is back at "M"

Test 2

4. File / Reports / Status  Shows "M" monitored

Test 3

4. Download to CM15A
5. File / Reports / Status  Shows "M" monitored

I've also tried this with the "Check Monitored House Code Usage" option both checked and unchecked. I've even cleared my CM15A and downloaded again.

Once or twice I thought I was able to get a report for "C" but I wasn't to able to figure out how to repeat it. Even more disturbing was that AHP crashed and had to be reloaded a couple times.

*Test 4
It does seem to matter! I added a bunch of dummy items to my HC "C" so that it would have more than the number of items in HC "M" and I appear to be able to keep the HC changed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:34:43 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Monitored HC won't change!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »

Under preferences make sure that "Check Monitored House Code Usage" is checked.
When you click on update your interface a message box will popup asking if you wish to change house codes as the one your tring to change to has less modules.
This will allow the change to a House Code with less modules.
If you don't have that option checked in preferences AHP automaticly makes the one with the most modules the monitored House code! ;) :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:53:22 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:26:56 PM »

Under preferences make sure that "Check Monitored House Code Usage" is checked....
I tried both settings. Neither made a difference. Apparently this is a known bug. I just found out about it the hard way. Should of read the link in the "read me first post".  :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

david

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »

This happens to me too. I can't get the monitored code to change no matter what I do.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

What version of AHP do you have?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

RichardS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Monitored House Code changing by itself
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »

After adding a 3-part macro under house code "M", I have been experiencing the problem with monitored house code changing automatically to "M" which I don't want.  After reading that this is a known bug, I redefined the new macros to a different house code just so "M" no longer has a "majority".  Hopefully, this will avoid the problem. 

I also ticked the preferences box re checking the monitored house code and it did at least alert me that is was trying to change to "M".  Since reallocating the new macros, this pop-up is no longer happening when I download timers and macros.

Curiously, I was only using about half of the "M" codes for macros, so they were outnumbered by the codes used for real devices.  But many of the macros had multiple parts with different conditions, to the total number of "M" items was greater than for the actual monitored house code.

I am using the European version of AHP (Rev. 3.308 - latest) so the "bug" seems to affect both flavours.

I realise that this was quite an old thread.  Does anyone know if the bug has been fixed in the US version?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

From my experience, running AHP 3.318, the number of ITEMS on a particular Housecode determines which one is picked for the automatic Housecode monitoring, not the number of UNIT CODES being used.
I tricked mine into staying on C, by adding several more appliance modules on the same Unit Code as one I already had.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.