Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: connection error message  (Read 41901 times)

motomech10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
connection error message
« on: May 24, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »

Where do I start? I bought the 4 camera package primarily so I could monitor my store over the net. Of course Multiview doesn’t work. I have a cable internet connection, a Lynksys router (Vonage) which the computer with the cameras on it running win 2000 pro on.  When I try to access the viewer I get this error message,
“Error Occurred: Can't connect socket: Operation timed out”
When I go into the settings on the Multiview desktop program that has the STOP START
buttons on it, it says that it is broadcasting.
 X10 tech support has no idea why I get the error message. Any suggestions on where to start?
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 02:21:57 PM by motomech10 »

Fabian

Re: connection error message
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »

Try to connected the PC direct to the Modem and disable all software firewall. It should work. Hope after the connection to the internet, the program don't hang. I face problems with Webview and Multiview on MS WindowsXP Home.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »

saludo para todos solo loentenderan los ispanos [escribo en espanol no se el ingles quiciera de gran ayuda alguien que able espanol para que me pueda ayuda en en como se ase para que pueda ve
mi camara de otro lado con otra computadora tengo que rrejistrarme pero no se y tengo intalado
multiview v1.0 software y web view software y no entiendo el ingles nesecito de su ayuda de los ispanos si tenemos en esta pajina [estoy perdido]

Quote from: Alta Vista Babel Fish - Spanish-to-English
greeting for all single the ispanos would loentenderan [ I helpful write in espanol not ingles quiciera somebody that able espanol so that aid in in as can to me it roasts so that it can sees my camara of another side with another computer must rrejistrar to me but and does not have intalado multiview v1.0 software and Web view software and I do not understand ingles nesecito of its aid of the ispanos if we have in this pajina [ I am lost

Any Spanish-speaking members? Babel Fish had a tough time with this!  ???
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:01:24 AM »

Seems someone (one of our over zealous forum administrators/community organizers?) decided that if you don't speak the language we don't want to help you!   >:(

chinotv's post WAS here a little while ago.

Best I could make out:

chinotv doesn't speak English so he's looking for someone who speaks Spanish to help him sort out why he can't remotely view his cameras from another computer.  I couldn't quite figure out if the problem he was having was connecting to the computer running Web View / Multi-view or if it was an installation and registration problem.

Who deleted the post anyway?

Aren't we here to help whoever needs our expertise with X10 products?

Is this an "English speakers only" club?   :o ???

IMHO someone owes chinotv an apology!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dragin99

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »

answered this in another sectionof the forum check out http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9721.msg65044#msg65044
cliff notes version is its port forwarding 8080, 8888 and having a static ip address on you workstation not auto config ip.

Sophocles

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 02:33:46 AM »

I am having registration problems with the three camera package.  The message is "Could not retrieve registration from the server.  With my computer, I can't get any image on my computer because it says I have to register the product before I can use the features.  HELP!!!!!

Chinto

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

chino yo hablo español... explicame con detalles tu problema para poder ayudarte...

For those english speaking people..... We buy equipment just as you do... thru the internet, some people , like chinotv doesn't unserstand or understand very little english.. just be patience... I'm also new here and have the same connection problems

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:41 PM »

...chino yo hablo español... explicame con detalles tu problema para poder ayudarte...

For those english speaking people..... We buy equipment just as you do... thru the internet, some people , like chinotv doesn't unserstand or understand very little english.. just be patience... I'm also new here and have the same connection problems

Seems someone (one of our over zealous forum administrators/community organizers?) decided that if you don't speak the language we don't want to help you!   >:(

chinotv's post WAS here a little while ago.

---snip---

Who deleted the post anyway?

Aren't we here to help whoever needs our expertise with X10 products?

Is this an "English speakers only" club?   :o ???

IMHO someone owes chinotv an apology!

Hello and Welcome Chinto

As Bill stated, 'we' had a problem months ago - but, 'we' hope that it's resolved now.

AltaVista BabelFish had a TOUGH TIME with chinotv's original post:

saludo para todos solo loentenderan los ispanos [escribo en espanol no se el ingles quiciera de gran ayuda alguien que able espanol para que me pueda ayuda en en como se ase para que pueda ve
mi camara de otro lado con otra computadora tengo que rrejistrarme pero no se y tengo intalado
multiview v1.0 software y web view software y no entiendo el ingles nesecito de su ayuda de los ispanos si tenemos en esta pajina [estoy perdido]

Quote from: Alta Vista Babel Fish - Spanish-to-English
greeting for all single the ispanos would loentenderan [ I helpful write in espanol not ingles quiciera somebody that able espanol so that aid in in as can to me it roasts so that it can sees my camara of another side with another computer must rrejistrar to me but and does not have intalado multiview v1.0 software and Web view software and I do not understand ingles nesecito of its aid of the ispanos if we have in this pajina [ I am lost

Would you please translate it for us?

Thank you! :)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »

I think Bill translated most of it. It reads to me like he needs help understanding what he needs to do to register, and he's asking for help from people here who speak Spanish.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.