Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Connecting direct to 'our own servers' with MyHouse Online  (Read 12335 times)

JC_Carreiro

• Helpful Post Rating: 2

A while back there was a question asked by a user regarding bypassing X10.com servers and connecting directly to our own servers hosting Myhouse Online.  If I remember correctly, the moderator/administrator stated that they were working on a version of MyHouse Online that would do that.

Is this still in the works? How much longer will this take to complete?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Connecting direct to 'our own servers' with MyHouse Online
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:42:11 AM »

It is posible it will be in the next update  ::). But from what I heard that maybe a while as they are working on another plug-in which maybe launched before it! :( in the mean time you could use the freeware program X10dispatcher It supports 4 cams but not video, only auto stills ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jensen18

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »

X10 Pro...
Could you confirm if the ability to use our own servers for MyHouse (instead of x10) is being implemented?  And if so when?

In addition could you confirm what port/settings have to be configured for this to work remotely:

I am able to connect AHP to the MyHouse server and I am able to connect from the client via the web from the same PC.  However I am not able to connect via any PC that is outside my local network.  I have seen messages about port 80, 8001, 432... but according to the last message I saw from you MyHouse was fixed to not have to open ports (i.e. use 80).  The client continues to "Try to connect as user xxx"  "Disconnect from server" then "Wait" and the time between tries just goes up with no message as to why it will not connect.

I am using the most recent version of both client and server.

jensen18

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »

X10 Pro....

Any comments regarding the previous post?  I have also read everything in the wiki and all I get is conflicting information.  I just want to be able to connect to myhouse remotely.  I would really like to be able to run my own server so I don't have to worry about issues out of my control.

jensen18

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

Bump...  Is there a reason X10Pro or anyone else from X10 does not respond to posts on the support forum?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »

Bump...  Is there a reason X10Pro or anyone else from X10 does not respond to posts on the support forum?
I've been informed that most if not all those looking after software issues are busy trying to get AHP  Windows Vista  certified ;) ::)
Hopefully they can get that done quickly and start looking after the problems with X10 Software! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Trialsman

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 10:36:44 PM »

This is exactly what I am looking for also.  I have a few servers of my own for the very purposes of supplying my own email, dns, www, sql etc.  I don't like relying on other servers / technicians / circumstances that I can't control.

It would be great to find out more about this.

Trialsman

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:48:51 PM »

It is my understanding that X10 Pro is no lionger either with X10 USA or is no longer involved with the forums.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jensen18

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:46:23 AM »

I've been informed that most if not all those looking after software issues are busy trying to get AHP Windows Vista  certified

Tuicemen - are you serious?  I have been fairly happy with regards to the x10 products and I realize that there is a trade off with a lower price (needing to read forums and making use of the user base) but there is no support whatsoever for this AHP product.  If those looking after the software were more concerned with getting the existing functionality working than with adding x10 links into AHP or selling new plugins they could have a real good product on their hands.  Vista certification should be the last of their concerns.

This is the forum that X10 links to for support so there should be some SUPPORT by X10!  I am not expecting them to allow me to use my own server for MyHouse but no one can explain how to get it working reliably as it was sold to me.  I am asking to get it working that is all.  I don't care how, but if they aren't going to help with how to get it working on their server they could at least allow me to run the server myself. 

I have seen several people who have thier setup working but in general this does not seem to be the case.  In fact this tends to be the worst piece of software I own (which says a lot).  I generally disregard negative postings as forums tend to attract complaints but if you look at the forums for each of the AHP plugins you will see quite a theme from a variety of users:

MyHouse - Not working
iWitness - Not working
OnAlert - Not working
Smart Macros - Working (with exceptions)

So again, I am asking X10 (I don't care if x10Pro left there still should be someone supporting this product)

How do I configure MyHouse (ports etc) so that I can get to it from a remote computer reliablly???

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 02:47:29 PM »

jensen18,

First of all, AHP, MyHouse,iWitness, and SmartMacros does work via the web. I have been testing the MyHouse/iWitness module for about 2 weeks now and it has been very stable. There are many issues with the functionality, but it does work. I have accessed it from other computers on my local network and also from a few of my neighbor's computers.  There have been issues with X10's servers being down, but not much.

However I am not able to connect via any PC that is outside my local network.

Are you saying that after you have connected to X10's "MyHouse" server from the computer running AHP, you can then open Internet Explorer on another computer on your local network and connect via the client?

Regarding access from remote PC's, When you first access the "MyHouse" server, does it download and install the ActiveX control? If it doesn't, then it's possible that the security settings in Internet Explorer are too restrictive.  I am also assuming that you have temporarily tried disabling any active firewalls on the remote PC's.

It would help considerably if you could detail exactly what you have tried, as it would help us better determine what the real issue is.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.