Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cameras  (Read 20838 times)

Gymrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Cameras
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »

How about wireless cameras that actually work the way that they say they will.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:13 PM »

I would like to see a truly wireless solar powered camera, with built-in motion sensor (and rechargeable batteries). The receiver would have a built-in VCR commander-like device, too.

Or maybe, a solar powered robotic Ninja (with power to also run the wide-eyed camera) with sophisticated motion sensor technology. That would allow the camera to auto-scan to movement and follow it. The sensors would also activate the DVD commander-receiver unit and auto stop the recording within seconds after "the action" stops.

More range, yes that would be nice too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »

I would like to see a truly wireless solar powered camera, with built-in motion sensor (and rechargeable batteries). The receiver would have a built-in VCR commander-like device, too.

This would be great.

Or maybe, a solar powered robotic Ninja (with power to also run the wide-eyed camera) with sophisticated motion sensor technology. That would allow the camera to auto-scan to movement and follow it. The sensors would also activate the DVD commander-receiver unit and auto stop the recording within seconds after "the action" stops

And how deep are your pockets?   $$$$$$$  ??? ;D :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:18:24 AM by JimC »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

BSRMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

What I would like to see is an omni-directional antenna kit for camera's and ninja's. I understand the need for direction but there are instances where the omni direction is required definately on the ninja and camera combo because of the directional antenna when the ninja turns you loose you image. ::)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »

What I would like to see is an omni-directional antenna kit for camera's and ninja's. I understand the need for direction but there are instances where the omni direction is required definately on the ninja and camera combo because of the directional antenna when the ninja turns you loose you image. ::)

Yeah.  One of the reasons I never bothered to buy a ninja!  What were they thinking?  Obviously they weren't!   ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 10:10:44 PM »

And how deep are your pockets?   $$$$$$$  ??? ;D :D

Hey it's a wish list not a shopping list. But realistically I would like to see a solar set-up.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 04:09:40 PM »

Or maybe, a solar powered robotic Ninja (with power to also run the wide-eyed camera) with sophisticated motion sensor technology. That would allow the camera to auto-scan to movement and follow it. The sensors would also activate the DVD commander-receiver unit and auto stop the recording within seconds after "the action" stops.

More range, yes that would be nice too.
SmartHomes has a solar powered cam with motion sensor! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

SmartHomes has a solar powered cam with motion sensor! ;) :D

Yeah, I've seen it (on-line). I also recently set-up a Cam for a friend with the built-in motion sensor at the Cam, and the VCR IR activator built into the receiver end. It had great range and picture.

I have a mixed bag of Cams now. I would like to be mostly (or all) X10, so as to incorperate all the X10 features (motion sensor activated camera switching, activehome pro macros).

But thanks for the info!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 09:55:22 AM »

Dave_x10_L:
 You can still use a mix off different cams and still be able to use all X10 features!
It may mean adding an extra video receiver(with it and the cam set to a different channel then the rest!) plugged into an  appliance module this would allow switching cams!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »

Dave_x10_L:
 You can still use a mix off different cams and still be able to use all X10 features!
It may mean adding an extra video receiver(with it and the cam set to a different channel then the rest!) plugged into an  appliance module this would allow switching cams!

Your right Tuicemen! I've done that, and I should be able to do a lot more when when I set up the ActiveHome Pro. But scanning through cameras doesn't work (or at least... I haven't made it work). I have a scan-pad remote.... but I though only the Cams would "scan".

My system is a bit complicated...  I just think the complete X10 system would be simpler. That ... plus the best image quality of all the different cams I get is from a $19 Xcam anywhere.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 09:28:28 PM »

... plus the best image quality of all the different cams I get is from a $19 Xcam anywhere.

I here ya on that one Dave_x10_L... well almost.  :D
I have a mixture of x10 cams: Floodcam, Xcam Anywhere, Xcam2 & Xcam2 Wide-eye... The Xcam2 Wide-eye is definitely the best quality, but next in line I like my Xcam Anywhere cameras. I miss the Bandit $12 specials.  ;)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 10:57:10 PM »

I also have a mix of cams a wide eye (have to agree with Puck as to the best quality) 2 cam anywhere wired cams (one is over 8 years old outside) and one low light B/w cam!
Dave_x10_L: I had to do a little juggling to get my outside wired cams to work properly with the camera scan ! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.