Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WebView Alternatives  (Read 21979 times)

DavidIQ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • David IQ Computer Repair
WebView Alternatives
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:38:18 AM »

So I run a web server (Windows Server 2003) at home and this is what I was planning to use to access my security cameras.  The software itself isn't bad but I would much rather be able to access the cameras and the stills they're capturing through my own web server.  So I was going to go through the trouble of creating some php scripts to sort of allow this for me.  But before I start with that, has anyone else already done this that can share the code used?  (not sure if I'm allowed to post this type of question but I guess we'll find out  ;)
-David IQ

sundogg1911

Re: WebView Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:21:30 PM »

I am posting my x10 cams to a webpage with a java script that allows the pics to refresh at timed intervals. (Currently set to 10 seconds) I would like to streamline the process though. Right now I have one PC running multiview just to switch between 3 cams. on another PC I am using another wireless receiver on the same channel that captures 1 pic (.jpg) every 10 seconds (1 pic each time one cam cycles off and the next one cycles on) using a program called Fwink (I believe that this is freeware) It uploads this to a webpage. when the page is viewed, the java script in the web page code refreshes the pic also at a 10 second interval, so every 10 seconds the webpage automatically views the next cam. The only problem with this is that I am using 2 PC's (not counting the server) 2, X10 wireless receivers, and 2, X10 USB video capture adapters. This works great, but if anyone knows of a way that I can cycle power to the x10 cams without the added use of another computer I would really appriceate it! I would be more than happy to share the code if anyone wants to message me I will email the link (if you view source you can see the code)

DavidIQ

• David IQ Computer Repair
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »

Not sure why you would use 2 computers for that if the software that comes with the X10 does the camera cycling and stores pictures already.

Well I had some school work that I've been busy with plus my J O B to keep me busy so I haven't tried to make this system just yet although it should be fairly simple and straight-forward.  I'll do something up soon and it'll be PHP based so practically anyone could use it.
-David IQ

Victor_D

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:04:09 AM »

I am posting my x10 cams to a webpage with a java script that allows the pics to refresh at timed intervals. (Currently set to 10 seconds) I would like to streamline the process though. Right now I have one PC running multiview just to switch between 3 cams. on another PC I am using another wireless receiver on the same channel that captures 1 pic (.jpg) every 10 seconds (1 pic each time one cam cycles off and the next one cycles on) using a program called Fwink (I believe that this is freeware) It uploads this to a webpage. when the page is viewed, the java script in the web page code refreshes the pic also at a 10 second interval, so every 10 seconds the webpage automatically views the next cam. The only problem with this is that I am using 2 PC's (not counting the server) 2, X10 wireless receivers, and 2, X10 USB video capture adapters. This works great, but if anyone knows of a way that I can cycle power to the x10 cams without the added use of another computer I would really appriceate it! I would be more than happy to share the code if anyone wants to message me I will email the link (if you view source you can see the code)

I do this for a friend's vacation home.     I don't update as quickly as you do,   and I don't have many tricks on the webpage,  but it works well and reliably.  (firewalls can suck though)   ;)

I let Multiview save its images normally at 30 second intervals,  switching between four cameras.  I then have a simple .bat script do the following:

• copy the images from Multiview's "c:\My Images" directory  to a staging directory  (  c:\staging ) 
  • rename the images in the staging directory  (from the long gobledygook names to "Camera_One.jpg, Camera_Two.jpg,  etc)
  • push them via FTP to a website. 
  • Once that's done the original images that are captured are moved to a storage drive,
  • Multiview's image directory is cleaned out and ready for the next batch of images.

I schedule the .bat file to fire off every couple of minutes via windows task scheduler.     

I also have another script to upload  the .jpg files to an "Images" directory on the same website so you can see a backlog of images,  and not just the near-live images on the main page.  It also uses the handy NameDate.exe utility (freeware) to modify the filename to reflect the date and time.   That one fires off every 20 min.

I'll send you the link and the simple .bat scripts I used if you're interested.    I'd love to see the source of your website.    E-mail me offline at jthet2005@hotmail.com if you're interested!

Vic

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.