Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS13A work fine during the day but work erraticly at night  (Read 11548 times)

ajwallace

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS13A work fine during the day but work erraticly at night
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:14:40 AM »

I've got 3 ws13a's that work great during the day time.
2 of the 3 don't work consistently at night. Both are connected in a 3 way setup that works fine. One is running a cfl and one is running incandescents. They don't respond to commands from the computer through a cm15a and they don't respond locally.
If you press the button locally sometimes the switch's don't respond at all the first time and some times they do the clickity click thing turning them on or off. Any ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS13A work fine during the day but work erraticly at night
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »

Maybe powerline noise masking the X10 signals. Try selectively turning off things that are only on at night off to see if you can find the problem item. Also some CFLs make enough noise to mess up X10 signals. That usually makes a I can turn it on but not off problem.

ajwallace

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »

I have turned off everything, so there is nothing that is creating any noise at night that wouldn't be creating any noise during the day. It can't be the cfl's because they don't create any more noise at night than they do during the day. Also why don't the switch's respond locally? Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to turn them off or on.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »

Good point on the local control also being a problem. I don't have any other immediate thoughts on this. Will look around to see if I can find more data.

ajwallace

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »

I have noticed that my voltage drops at night. What is the minimum voltage these switch's are designed to run on?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.