Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stick-a-Switch (SS13A) to control Decorator Wall Switch (XPS3-IW)?  (Read 8756 times)

zoso454

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi. I have a light switch that I can no longer use because it's now located behind an upright freezer.
I was thinking of using Ultra-slim Stick-a-Switch SS13A to control the  Decorator Wall Switch XPS3-IW . Will this work?
Thanks

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Stick-a-Switch (SS13A) to control Decorator Wall Switch (XPS3-IW)?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:33:26 AM »

It should work as long as you program the SS13A to the same code as the XPS3-IW.  One thing to remember, is that the SS13A does not have the best range, and in order to work the SS13A code will have to be picked up by the CM15A.  I have basement lights on a XPS3-IW and others on Socket Rockets,  I used an SS13A to control them and realized that I had to move SS13A to a certain area in order to get the lights to respond.  Yes, it should work as long as it is in range of the reciever. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:48:55 AM »

You will need a Transceiver to receive the signals from the SS13A it you don't have one yet. One will be needed. Any X10 receiving device is OK. Like if you have a cm15a it could receive the signals as well as the Mini-Transceiver TM751.

zoso454

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:20:49 AM »

Thanks for the replies.
Does anyone know the aprox depth of XPS3-IW Wall Switch? I will need to mount it in a shallow type receptacle box (less than 2") 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 08:03:56 AM »

Thanks for the replies.
Does anyone know the aprox depth of XPS3-IW Wall Switch? I will need to mount it in a shallow type receptacle box (less than 2") 

The switch does not have wire leads and uses terminals to tighten on the wires pushed into the rear of the switch. The ttighteningscrews are on the left side with the switch observed from the front.
From the mounting ears that screw to the box front. 1.5" to the rear area where you insert the stripped wire from the back. Tight ssqueezebut maybe oOK
If you go to www.x10pro.com in the iinstallationmanuals area. You can ffindand download the instructions before deciding on purchase.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.