Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 06/22 Bandit Alert: Wireless SoundPower Summer Fun Kit!  (Read 74444 times)

The BANDIT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
06/22 Bandit Alert: Wireless SoundPower Summer Fun Kit!
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »

When I think PARTY, I think people lounging by the pool, grilling succulent steaks and juicy burgers on the grill, drinking ice-cold, frothy beverages and most important of all, I think GOOD MUSIC!

In a rare daytime appearance, the Midnight Bandit has brought forth another tremendous deal to help you take your summer outdoor parties to another level!

For a limited time, you can get the SoundPower wireless audio sender for the all-time low price of only $29.99! This will enable you to not only send sound from your stereo, computer or DVD player to separate speakers up to 100 feet away, but to control it all by remote as well! And if you're not quick enough with the mouse and miss the Midnight Bandit . . . you can still get ahold of the SoundPower for $39.99! What a steal!

Look Here: the Bandit could strike ANYTIME:

http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_vk59a.html

LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER

Contractors and Dealers are Excluded from Midnight Bandit Offers

POST Your Comments about this Deal and tell the Bandit what you think.

What are you waiting for - No Registration Required!

-- THE MIDNIGHT BANDIT
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:06:09 PM by Knightrider »

C

Re: 6/22 Bandit Alert: Wireless SoundPower Summer Fun Kit!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:59 PM »

For the price of 40 bucks or even the bandit price of 30 bucks this should still include speakers.

Like who has a pair of speakers around waiting for a NON-deal like this?

Leon

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 07:59:06 AM »

I purchased the kit for sending laptop screen contents to my TV. But the kit did not have all that was needed in order to send it. I don't even know what else is needed. I am stuck with a kit I can't use.

Will this deal be any different?

SteveG

• Helpful Post Rating: -13
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »

Leon,
Our customer service team is getting back to you about your other purchase to help you solve the problem.  As for the SoundPower system, you will need a source for the music to connect to the transmitter such as a stereo or PC and you will need to connect a set of speakers to the audio receiver.  But, since the receiver has a built-in amp, all you need are the speakers.

Jim B-

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »

What a bunch of maroons.   I have been using this system for over a year, and am VERY happy with it.  The only problem I have found is that in addition to music, it can receive your 2.4GHz microwave oven if it is close... and yes, I do have another set of speakers just sitting around an waiting for this non-deal.   Great product.  Send me another system X-10.  -Jim B.

Leon

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 04:16:34 PM »

I received a phone message leaving a tech service number to get directly back to Tony or Dustin, but when I called the number, I was told by a voice message that the wait to talk to anyone would be 40 minutes. I just can't wait on the phone for 40 minutes. I tried the online support, but I can't find anything about my kit!

The manual says that I am supposed to have a transmitter and receiver. I only see one unit in the kit, but I don't know which unit it is.  I was under the understanding by the marketing ad, that this kit I bought contained everything I needed to send video from my laptop to the tv.

I looked at the picture of the ad I ordered from, and it shows two units, and I only got one unit and an adapter in my kit. It seems to be a trick. Are the other deals also tricks?

DustinB

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »

Leon -

I apologize for any confusion.

You just spoke with one of my representatives. He will be sending you the correct parts. They will ship on Monday. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions. I will PM my contact information to you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:31:16 PM by DustinB »

Greatcornholio

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:02:19 PM »

There are still a couple of BIG problems that have plagued the X10 gang for years now. I have been buying this equipment from almost the beginning of the company. There are two things that can bring them increased sales of these products.

1) Offer cameras and accessories in WHITE! Not everyone wants that old dark grayish color. Allot of people have white or light rooms/paint. I would buy them. It would probably only cost a penny for the color change. I have actually painted about ten of mine to match the ceiling or walls. Unfortunately, three of the lenses that I taped over still got paint on them. I tried to remove the paint but it ruined the lens. When I called about replacement lenses I was told I would have to buy three more wide eye cameras! So, I am now out three wideyes......

2) There really needs to be more channels for the video transmitter and receiver units/cameras. You are very very limited in what you can do by this. Four channels is not enough especially if you have any other wireless gear in the house. I have found that the four channels that are provided are also very close in frequency and can interfere with each other. I have actually purchased some other brand transmitters/rcvrs in the 900 and 5.8ghz bands to get around this problem.

Say you want to:
Monitor more than one surveillance camera on at a time
Video from one room to another
Music from Lola
Wireless surround sound in your den/media room
Video from a camera (or cameras) that is not wireless

Just those few options use up way more channels than are provided.

I would hate to see you loose this market niche after hanging on with you for soooo long.
Please make some changes and modernize before someone else comes around and does it!

Mike

tatou

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »

What is the power rating of the built in amplifier in the receiver?

djohnactor

Re: 06/22 Bandit Alert: Wireless SoundPower Summer Fun Kit!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 10:01:09 AM »

Since the receiver is wireless:
1) how is it powered (presumably by battery, but what kind...rechargeable?)?
2) how much power does it put out (what kind of volume can one expect from this system?)?
3) how long does the battery last?
4) what is the output impedance?

I can see how software makes it possible for the remote to control a PC (does it also work with a Mac?), but how can it control a stereo?

Thank you.

Disappointed

Useless for Surroundsound
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 12:28:13 AM »

This thing will not work for rear surround sound speakers. The connectors are RCA plugs and all A/V units I have ever seen have only speaker wire connectors for rear speakers. RCA plugs are low, constant power connections. Speaker connections are variable amplified connections. The two are NOT interchangeable. This thing may have some uses but surround sound speakers is definitely NOT one of them!

Sound Guy

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »

I'm not sure how often a real BODY, Some one with two feet and a heartbeat actually works here but here goes. I bought the wireless rig and for the most part was happy. I took a pair of 25 watt (16 ohm) bookshelf type speakers ( Freq. 200Hz to about 16,000Hz)I had laying around the shop and hooked them up on one side of the amp. I also took an old dual 10 in. sub woofer (For a car / truck)  that is loaded with a pair of Fosgate drivers (10 inch) 50Hz to 2K and there was enough umph to drive them in my little living room. 20 X 12. All was well, the Platinum remote worked well for EQing, balance, vol. etc. It also worked well with my Star Choice Sat. receiver (I live in Alberta Canada) Again the remote changed channels,worked in the "Options" thing, menu's for about a WEEK!!!!!!!!! FOR WHAT EVER THE REASON IT JUST QUIT WORKING, SORT OF. I never needed to hook up the USB transceiver to my computer. I just needed it for a straight wireless speaker rig. The receiver and sender units are still working great! The problem is the UR78A REMOTE. It lost it's programing, memory etc. All it does now is turn up the television volume on any of the buttons; TV, VCR, CBL,AUX, the "audio" button used in conjunction with the "Amp" [the number 4 button] used to control the volume for the X10 sender, and all I wanted it to do was control my "Rear" speakers in stereo The little book shelf ones worked as highs and the subs, well, were subs. I kept the pan in the middle and had fairly accurate balance. Since there is a passive x-over in the sub box everything over 2 K went to the highs. It WAS working great then just crashed When I e-mailed X10support "Eric replied incorrectly 3 times. Even though he had my order number he sent me info on how to reprogram the WRONG remotes. My UR78A has no "Learn" button. I am tempted just to buy another remote and see what happens. He did send mean RMA number but that means sending all the pieces back. All I need is a new remote.
Here is the real test. If there is anyone????????????? from X-10 who actually reads this then I may get some answers. I personally think there is only telemarketers taking our orders and MONEY! There is no "Tech Support" If anyone else can tell me how to reprogram the remote UR78A, that is please reply. And X-10 if you are reading this with a pulse and not just a hard drive please reply.
Thanks and waiting to see what happens
Sound Guy!

Question

Re: Useless for Surroundsound
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »

This thing will not work for rear surround sound speakers. The connectors are RCA plugs and all A/V units I have ever seen have only speaker wire connectors for rear speakers. RCA plugs are low, constant power connections. Speaker connections are variable amplified connections. The two are NOT interchangeable. This thing may have some uses but surround sound speakers is definitely NOT one of them!

Does anyone know of a product (x10 or otherwise) that *will* take a high-level speaker input and wirelessly send it?  I've been looking, but can't find one.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

It seems to me I have seen a product as you described at Best Buy. However I also found this link (Click Here).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Troppo

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

No staff member has bothered to reply since June 2006........ Hmmm!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.