Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Outdoor Motion Sensor (dm10a) advise  (Read 4818 times)

x10 newbie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Outdoor Motion Sensor (dm10a) advise
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:56 AM »

I have several eagle eye motion sensors which turn on outdoor lights and alerts me to motion.  I get some false alarms, sometimes in daylight they don't go off and on one sensor which is about 60 feet from transceiver I sometimes get the on but not the off signal.  The sensors are in wide open areas and subject to intense morning sunlight.  I have no way of hidding them in shade as others suggest.   I also hate the fact that I have to reprogram the thing every time I change the batteries(hard to remember the codes for which light after a year).  I also hate when two sensors will pick me up but not the third. 

I'm thinking about trying the outdoor sensor used with robodog (DM10A).  Does anyone have any working experience on the reliability and distance of these versus the Eagle Eye?  I do note it takes 4AA batteries and I was hoping with the increased power, the range and sensitivity would be increased. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Outdoor Motion Sensor (dm10a) advise
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »

If memory serves me. The DM10A only sends ON signals and no OFFs

x10 newbie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Outdoor Motion Sensor (dm10a) advise
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

It appears you are correct.  I can however use activehome to turn the lights off.  But I could do that with the eagle eyes.  question is does the outdoor sensor work better than the eagle eye?  ie distance and sensitivity.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.