Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros are not saving all commands  (Read 6682 times)

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Macros are not saving all commands
« on: July 18, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

I noticed this problem a few days ago. The macros are not saving the 'Windows Command' which can be run be isnserted from the 'Advanced Functions' in Macro Designer. . I can consistently recreate this problem on my PC. I include the 'Windows Command' in teh macro, save the macro both by using the File->Save and Tppls->Download Macros/Timers from the AHP menu options, but when I restart the AHP the macro does not show the 'Windows Command'. Has anyone seen this problem? Anybody able to use the 'Windows Command' from the macro without losing it after the AHP restart?

Thanks.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Macros are not saving all commands
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 10:42:58 PM »

I don't think AHP supports 'Windows Command'. Windows Command is a Microsoft Component, not an X10 application.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

jawaid

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:04:35 AM »

Dan, the 'Run Windows Command' is available in SmartMacros under Advanced Functions. This is a SmartMacros functionality and not not an AHP one. Depending on the module or the command, it seems to run either in the AHP h/w or on the PC. Foe example, the iWitness video functions run on the PC and not in the AHP h/w. When you save these macros, my guess is that these are saved both in the PC and, for the most part, in the AHP memory as well. The 'Run Windows Command' works quite well (even though it does not alllow you pass an argument). The only problem I am experiencing is that the command is not getting saved. As a result, when AHP restarts (which is often because of its crashes), the macro is retrieved minus the Windows command. Thanks for your comment. Do you have the iWitness module? If so, how well has it worked for you?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:56:53 AM »

I do not have any of the additional plug-ins as I do not need them. 

I don't think your problem is a sofware glitch, but I am moving this to the Smart Macros section as I think you may get better heip.

jawaid

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 11:27:42 AM »

Thank you, Dan. I agree that it is a better fit here under Smart Macros.

jawaid

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:53:50 AM »

As of now, I am seeing erratic behavior. Sometimes the commands are all saved and sometimes these are not. I am beginning to suspect that when I specify a directory and path for the windows command in the macro, this confuses the application and the actual .ahp file ends up getting saved in a different directory.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »

Active Home Pro creates a folder on the C: drive, with three subfolders named Snapshots, Stills and Video. That where all the files created by cameras go. If you delete the folders, AHP will recreate them, whether you have cameras or not.

Macros are all saved as part to the .ahx files that AHP creates for all your modules, cameras, timers or macros.

I wonder if X!0 has ever created a FAQ for "Where do all my AHP files get put"?

jawaid

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 03:05:04 AM »

It seems that all configuration files (.ahx) are saved in the directory where the main AHP application is installed. However, I have seen the application lose track and save the .ahx file in a separate directory where I had some .bat files which I was running from the macros. The snapshots, stills are saved in the My Images directory. Thanks for pointing out how AHP recreates this direcry and its subdirs at the application startup.

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 07:39:57 PM »

ALL MACROS truly ARE being saved. If you look at the AHX file you will see that each EXECUTE command is being save with successive ID numbers, such as 101, 102, 103, 104, etc.  The problem is, in the MACRO it REFERS to the EXECUTE parameter by ID number, and once you add 105 to the list, ALL EXECUTE commands in the MACRO will refer to 105, rather than the respective 101, 102, 103, 104 etc. This is a very minor bug in the AHP save XML routine, probably only involving a change to one line of code, but for me, it is all about bringing this simple fix to the correct person's attention so it is fixed in the next release.

jawaid

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »

Biker

What I saw was that th emacros were being saved but some of the commands within the macros were not getting saved. The patters I noticed was that the commands that require a PC to run (eg record a snapshot or still, or run a windows command were not getting saved). I still see this occur time to time. What I then noticed that the AHP application was sometimes saving the ahx file in the directory where the the windows bat files were resident and these were the commands that I was specifying to be run from the macros. It seems that the application gets confused by the path specified for the windows commands file and ends up saving the ahx file there. This does not consistently happen but I have seen it at least 4 times.

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 03:26:16 PM »

I noticed the AHX file is being saved to the last folder I browsed to to find the EXE for an EXECUTE command in a macro. AHP then remembers the last location the AHX was loaded from. But this means it could be moving around on you. I haven't tried it, but I'll bet if you did a SAVE AS every time you exit after editing macros with an EXECUTE command, and used a consistent folder, you would not have the problem.

jawaid

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:39:42 PM »

Ypu are right, Biker. I think that is what happened. I did browse to select the program I wanted to run and that is where the ahx file got saved. Once I saw that I strted using SAVE AS and I also make a backup copy which is saved in a different directory.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.