Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 07/20 Hands-Free Motion-Activation with X10's Outdoor Motion Sensor  (Read 19591 times)

The BANDIT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Take advantage of this limited offer on Outdoor Motion Sensors at 3-For-1 savings. Add these weather resistant motion sensors to your porch lights, garage lights, and more for convenient motion activated lighting around your home. With motion activated lighting you will add security to your home and property as well as automated ease. There easy to set up and totally wireless. You can even set them to sends signals when it detects dusk and dawn so it can turn a light on when it gets dark and turn it off when it gets light.

http://www.x10.com/promotions/vault_dm10a.html

NO LIMIT  PER CUSTOMER

Post Your Comments Here - No Registration Required!
Just click Discuss and then the Reply Button at the top right

tgordo49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: 07/20 Hands-Free Motion-Activation with X10's Outdoor Motion Sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »

Unfortunately, these have an UNCHANGEABLE period of 4 minutes from 'on' to 'off' command. And the first one I'm testing right now isn't sending the 'off' at all, after ANY period of time!

These were for the old ReX-10 barking dog alarm system, as the instructions make clear, so that's why they're a bit strange. Larger than you'd think by looking at the pictures, too; these are nearly the size of a softball cut in half!

On the plus side: At least you can angle them down with a built-in swivel mechanism, they take 4 AA's which might last longer than the usual 4 AAA's, they have a good mounting system, and they seem pretty weatherproof.

But if I can't get them to turn the lights off at all, mine will be going back!! :'(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:33:47 PM by tgordo49 »

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:14:59 PM »

I got 3 of these as well. They only send on... no off.  The trick is to set them up to start a macro and set the macro up to do the turn on, turn off after a time delay.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tgordo49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:16:55 PM »

Well, after some experimentation, I've decided these are useful for a different security application than I had intended, so I'm keeping them. But I STILL think it's pretty slimy to be advertising these with phrases like, "Never touch a light switch again!" when you'll have to turn that darn light OFF somehow every time your DM10A turns it on!!

Since they are PIC based devices, mods beyond disabling the dawn/dusk signals are pretty much out of the question. So be aware of what you're buying with this 'deal' kids. Caveat emptor!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.