Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHX files do not represent data correctly  (Read 5905 times)

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
AHX files do not represent data correctly
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:48:38 PM »

I found the AHX file is very similar to XML, but does not allow storing of ENTITIES. Most severely missing is the ability to store a double quote in any kind of value. The EXECUTE command requires double quotes around command parameters, and allows you to enter them, but when you look at the file the double quotes in the data get confused with the XML syntax, and effectively when you start AHP back up, the reader discards the remaining data.

To demonstrate: Create a room, and name it
         This is my "test" room
Exit AHP
Restart AHP
The room name has been changed to be
        This is my

Also, the AHP editor has a problem where when creating a macro with more than one EXECUTE command, then all commands on the macro are reference to the LAST EXECUTE COMMAND in the macro. Again, this is seen easily by looking at the AHX file.

Does anyone know how to get such very clearly reproducible problems to the attention of the people who can really do something. These are not user cockpit errors, these are just plain bugs.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: AHX files do not represent data correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:16:44 AM »

It seems that the AHP/Smart Macros can only create on element ID per command or executable. If you use the same command with different arguments, it will save only one set of the command and arguments and use it every place the same command is used. However, if you use multiple commands or executables, these will get saved correctly. The problem is in using the same command in multiple places. The workaround is to create a bat file for each set of arguments and use the bat file as the exceutable invoked from the macro.

In addition, I have not been able to pass argument to any of the macros. When I specify an argument the executable cannot be found.

Biker

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: AHX files do not represent data correctly
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

I decided not to wait. I'll bite the bullet. My approach is going to be to use AHP/Smart Macros for the automation tasks. I don't need EXE's for this. I am writing a Windows Service to monitor the AWAY and NIGHT modes I set via automation. My plan for these special modes requires executables for speech synthesis and to make cell phone calls over Internet. I haven't been able to get past system arming function after about two frustrating hours with AHP, but after about 45 minutes I have my basic service structure in place, and I am making progress now, and finally working towards the value for investment I had hoped for. I am sure glad there is an SDK.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.