Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bad Costomer Service!!!!!  (Read 12150 times)

diditgo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Bad Costomer Service!!!!!
« on: August 23, 2006, 01:27:12 AM »

As excited as i was about a year ago to discover the wonders of X10, today I am left with a feeling that I have been had!!!!!
This is the first time in my life that I have not been able to solve a problem with a company before.  I ordered a Vanguard back in march with many other things.  I recieved a letter explaining that they had gone out of stock on the Vanguard's and hoped to have them back in stock in thirty days, and that if there was a problem, I could contact customer service for a refund.  I was so excited about the price cut on the camera I decided to wait.  I assumed that the rest of my order would be shipped as usual, this was not the case.  I sent an email requesting the rest of my order, and to ship the vanguard when they became available.  After two months I contacted customer service requesting status on the camera, no reply.  I sent another through the web page, still no response.  I then attempted to contact by phone,  After taking 45 minutes to get through to a person, I was disconected after explaining my problem.  At this point I began to wonder about this company.  I sent another email, nothing.  I spoke to a person in sales that apologized and promised one would be shipped the next day.  Nothing arived.  Called again, same thing.  Noticed the vanguards on sale again.   This would lead me to believe that the cameras had to be in stock again for them to advertise a sale.  Spoke to customer service, promised the same thing.  Nothing.  It is now August 22, and I decided that the phone calls were not advantagouse to a valid complaint.  So I have sent a weekly email asking status......Nothing!!!!!  Yesterday I sent a final request, asking for a person to contact me as to what was going on.  NOTHING!!!!  Next step will be credit card company, and then.... I am open for sugestions, how does one take action against a company for doing this kind of thing?  I have been in retail my entire life, and recall stories of penalties levied against companies for "false advertising" or bait and swich" with advertised sale items. 

Wow X10   Shame on you!!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Bad Costomer Service!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »

As excited as i was about a year ago to discover the wonders of X10, today I am left with a feeling that I have been had!!!!!

This is the first time in my life that I have not been able to solve a problem with a company before.  I ordered a Vanguard back in march with many other things...

...Nothing.  It is now August 22,... ...Next step will be credit card company, and then.... I am open for sugestions, how does one take action against a company for doing this kind of thing?  I have been in retail my entire life, and recall stories of penalties levied against companies for "false advertising" or bait and swich" with advertised sale items. 

Wow X10   Shame on you!!!!

Try the advice that I recently posted for another User: HERE

Sorry that you're having such trouble, but I'm also sorry to say that it's not the first time I've heard of it and I, myself, am wondering what X10 is doing to address the problem...

Best of Luck! :)

P.S. I realize that your first post had a bit of emotion behind it, but, next time try to use a few paragraphs - makes it easier for us "Old-Timers" with Tri-Focals to read.  ;D
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

asre

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »

Hahaha, X10, one of the worst company I have experianced in my life!!!
Send items back for refund by UPS it's been a month now, I am still waiting for refund!!! Called six times send three emails, every time I got respond either they are working on it or it will be dne soon!!! Last I talked to CS Manager Tim, said refund was processed on 28th Auguest. As of right now, I don't see refund back to my credit card!!!
One of the best product I have seen, but cusiomer service sux!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:16:02 PM »

I have had good luck with X10; until now; maybe. Part of my order was sold out and I was promised a refund of the unshipped stuff. Been at least a few weeks maybe longer. Still a check of the CC shows no refund processed.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »

I've solved the problem by bypassing X10 (the company) and have been ordering X10 components from other sources (i.e. ebay, Smarthome, etc.)  I just don't want to waste my time trying to wrestle with X10 (the company) for purchases.  In most cases it's cheaper and quicker to purchase from a third-party than from X10 (the company).  It's becoming more and more evident, to me, that X10 (the company) is not interested in working with individual purchasers.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Bad Customer Service!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM »

True. X10 makes you go through hoops to buy things.

I went to Automated Outlet for a new RR501 since X10 only sells it as part of a set, and the other item I don't want. AO sells it as a single item.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 04:01:45 AM »

If X-10 wasn't interested in the individual purchaser they wouldn't be running all these specials and Bandit deals.

But the plethora of different deals (which often change daily) is probably a good part of the problem.  I remember one time when they had four different offers on the table for the same component: the regular unit list price; a 3-for-1; a 4-for-1; and a 6-for-1. (Interestingly, the best unit price was on the 3-for-1 deal.)

Sure, they ought to be able to keep track of everything on their computers, but there are the inevitable bugs and screwups when it comes down to a human scrambling around the warehouse and getting all the parts of an order together.  And of course if their inventory control and order processing software is as bug-free as ActiveHome Pro...   :-\

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.