Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Xcam turning off when I cover the sensor  (Read 6699 times)

Timbe353

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Xcam turning off when I cover the sensor
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:11:50 PM »

So I would like to know why the sensors turn off the CAM when it is dark they come back on when there is movement but go out again. I was hoping there was a fix for this or is it normall. This did not happen until I added the motion sensors the cams would stay on day and night so if you can help let me know thanks Tim.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:15:32 AM by Timbe353 »

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Xcam turning off when I cover the sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:57:06 PM »

I gather that your lights are being activated by the motion sensor. Most motion sensor send an 'On' signal when motion is detected and a minute later (this can be configured) they will send an 'Off' signal. You can also configure the sensor to activate throughout the day or only when it is dark. The instructions detail the info about how to configure it the way you want.

Can you describe what hardware you have and what you are trying to do?

Timbe353

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »

I have two cams side door front door and a door chime connected to front door ms16 it is set to detect motion at all times and does not turn unit code +1 on at dusk and off at dawn it is set for 256 min. delay before sending off code. The front is on A1. The side cam is connected to a MS14A
this is on A2 set to detect motion 24hrs. with a delay of 256 min. but this one allways sends the off code +1 but I have nothing on A3. Before I hooked up the motion sensors the cams were on day and night so I'm not sure why I think the MS14A may be the problem.

jawaid

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »

I did not quite understand the statement "Before I hooked up the motion sensors the cams were on day and night ". What kind of cams are these? Do you mean that these cams can be put on day and night?

Timbe353

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »

With out any sensors the cam will be on 24/7 now that I have a transceiver and motion sensors every thing is working strangely I have problems keeping the cams on and have to turn on the transceiver every once in a while.

jawaid

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

What kind of cameras are these?

Timbe353

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 06:57:47 PM »

Well I have xcam2 color and black and wight low light but know I have figured out is I have unplugged the Home Po interface and the cams are on and they switch from one to the other as you pass by the sensors on TV so I think that it is the soft ware on the computer or the interface is not working wright what do you think.I might have to get a refund on the AHP soft ware and the interface as neather seem to work.

jawaid

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »

You are right about the cameras turning off each other as motion sensors activate different cameras. How are your camera addresses configured? Are they in a block of consecutive 4 addresses, e.g B1-4, or B5-8? Cameras within a consecutive block of 4 do turn off each other. You can use the flags in macros to track what cameras are on and over-ride the cameras turning off each other.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »

Timbe353 Since you now have the cams working and showing properly on your TV. You need to look at the AHP software and interface! mostly the configuration!
You stated you have a transceiver (is this in addition to the CM15A?) this house code must be configured in the hardware configuration as not to transceive
Also the transceiver must be set in the AHP  setup as a transceiver not a appliance or lamp module. If your setup is proper start looking at noisy devices close to the CM15A a filter may be needed or movement of the CM15A There are post on here which explain what type of filter to get and how to find noise Do a search for them!(I can't remember the specifics)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.