Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Screens Not Showing Updated Module Status  (Read 7469 times)

x10guy

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
AHP Screens Not Showing Updated Module Status
« on: September 01, 2006, 10:58:52 PM »

I just purchased AHP and am very dissapointedwhen I turn on and off lights using the wireless remote or other controls the startus does not change on AHP, wehn i send signals to turn them on and off from AHP they only work about 50% of the time. HELP!!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP Screens Not Showing Updated Module Status
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:17:54 PM »

I presume you have downloaded the timers/macros to the CM15A.   If not, AHP will not properly show the status.  If you turn off any module from a remote, be it a handhleld or a SS13A "Stick-a-Switch".
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 07:02:40 AM »

Are you using any other Transceivers like a TM751 or RR501 to receive the remote signals in addition to the CM15A?
If you have a transceiver in addition to the CM15A and they work better controlling the modules. The CM15A maybe having problems getting to them.
Let us know more details of what you have.
AHP will not see modules turn on from the modules loacal control feature unless you happen to have a two-way type module like the AM14A or LM14A

x10guy

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:36:31 AM »

The controller im using is the white one(sorry dont know the model numver) on a "C" zone, and the other one im using is on a "A" zone and it is controlled by the big security remote. I am just using lamp modules and appliance modules.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:51:01 PM »

We really need you to give more information, such as PC O/S, AHP version, and the model numbers of your remotes.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

x10guy

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 12:18:14 PM »

Ok on the "C" house code I am using 3 LM465 and 1 AM486. Only 2 of the LM465's turn on and off, but they never show their status if I turn them on and off from another source. I had the Original Active home it showed the status of my modules if I turned them on and off from A different source.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »

I just tried switching a LM465 Lamp Module from a MaxiController and AHP does display the On/Off status of the module.

The fact that all your modules don't switch reliably all the time is an indication that you have a weak signal problem.  Either some modules are on the opposite phase from the controller or some appliance is generating powerline noise or sucking up the X10 signals.  Try unplugging from the wall socket (merely turning them off won't help) all appliance with switching power supplies and retest.  Your PC or UPS power supply is obviously difficult to test this way, but you can try plugging your CM15A into a long extension cord from a socket on a different branch of the power line.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

x10guy

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »

Thankyou so much, it works now!!!

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »

Thankyou so much, it works now!!!

For the benefit of other users, why don't you tell us what you found and what you did to get things working.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

x10guy

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »

I got an extension cord and ran the interface to a plug on the other side of the room.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »

I got an extension cord and ran the interface to a plug on the other side of the room.

Sounds like your PC or UPS or peripheral is the culprit.  A special X10 noise filter ($10-$25) between the appliance and the wall socket ought to take care of that.  They come in 5, 10, and 15 Amp models from X-10 or Smarthome.

However don't discount the possibility that the socket on the other side of the room is on the opposite phase of the AC line and that's what makes the difference.  If you have an AC voltmeter (or a $3 neon bulb voltage tester), measure between the hot pin of the extension cord and the hot pin of the socket near your computer.  230V (or lit neon bulb) indicates opposite phases.  CAREFUL! don't get zapped!.

One further possibility is that you've had the CM15A plugged into a plug strip which unbeknownst to you contains a line filter and/or surge protector.  Either of these is likely to suck up  X10 signals.

Or if your tired of the whole hassle and won't trip over the extension cord, just enjoy your new toy.   :)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

x10guy

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:04 PM »

^ Thanks, no one has tripped over the cord and everything is working great!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.